Celine Trio

I’m very curious as well, I asked at the boutique yesterday and they looked at me like I was crazy [emoji85]
Hi
I actually got the new Trio with enforced strap but have no idea how it looked like before the change was implemented. Anyways, I hear that now the strap is much more secure and even if the bag is heavy it shouldn’t affect it.
(btw this bag is supercool&usefulI, I totally would buy another one! ;) )

I have and it's amazing!
I've always loved the trio but was always worried about how delicate the lambskin felt, and missed out on the calfskin ones in 2016 and beat myself up over it, so when I saw the liege one it was a done deal. It's become my most used weekend bag - I even reach for it more than my Chanel square mini - it's carefree and not prone to scratches at all :smile:

It is still around this season? I definitely recommend it :smile: Colours are more limited than for the classics though - there was only one colour (and one last piece) when I got mine last October - in a lovely taupe.

Thank you @rikkuex for your response! I very much appreciate all the information you provided on your liege trio. Yes, it appears that they are still being made, but like you stated in fewer colors and the colors vary each season. Last I saw was a dark green color (which I think Céline calls Amazon) and a light taupe.

I would love one in a mid to dark neutral. Your taupe sounds gorgeous, but I fear color transfer...I wear a lot of dark denim.

I will be heading up to my nearest boutique in a month to see what they have. I’ll call my SA ahead of time and see if he can bring a few in for me to see. Fingers crossed, I’m so excited now :smile:

Thank you @rikkuex for your response! I very much appreciate all the information you provided on your liege trio. Yes, it appears that they are still being made, but like you stated in fewer colors and the colors vary each season. Last I saw was a dark green color (which I think Céline calls Amazon) and a light taupe.

I would love one in a mid to dark neutral. Your taupe sounds gorgeous, but I fear color transfer...I wear a lot of dark denim.

I will be heading up to my nearest boutique in a month to see what they have. I’ll call my SA ahead of time and see if he can bring a few in for me to see. Fingers crossed, I’m so excited now :smile:

Very exciting!! Keep us posted on what your SA manages to find :smile: Can't seem to find a photo of my trio in my phone, shall look through my laptop tomorrow / snap a photo of it, but if you google "celine liege tio taupe" it's the first few images that appear :smile:

Reactions: dorinda80
Im curious to how the large trio wears? For some reason there's not a ton of resources and reviews about the wear and tear of the trio in traditional lambkin - I suspect it's pretty harsh based on the state of pre-loved pieces online.

Also, is anyone familiar with general resale value of a black large trio? I see so many different prices online and I can't tell if it holds its value very well like LV or Chanel, or if it's a steep decline like other more "second tier" luxury brands.

Im curious to how the large trio wears? For some reason there's not a ton of resources and reviews about the wear and tear of the trio in traditional lambkin - I suspect it's pretty harsh based on the state of pre-loved pieces online.

Also, is anyone familiar with general resale value of a black large trio? I see so many different prices online and I can't tell if it holds its value very well like LV or Chanel, or if it's a steep decline like other more "second tier" luxury brands.

I haven't had mine very long, but I did purchase it from a reseller and it was in excellent shape. The lambskin is definitely delicate, though, and will show scratches. I bought mine for $650 CAD, which is a big drop from retail for an item in great condition.

I have one that I’ve had for several years. The lambskin is on the more delicate side and does show corner wear and scratches/scuffs, but overall has held up well. I usually overstuff my bag so it’s a bit stretched out.

Only major sign of wear is on the straps near the bag, the glazing has cracked. Doesn’t affect wear and use though, bag is still perfectly fine.

I treat my trio pretty harshly, have taken it while traveling and on day trips - for all the abuse I think it’s done well.

Overall what I know about Celine is that it doesn’t hold value well. I always prepare myself to lose money and not get back what I paid retail. I got mine preowned though. That’s a good route to consider if you’re on a budget but just be careful to inspect for signs of wear

Reactions: wheihk
Does anyone know the differences between some of the newer leather options on the trio? I was in Nordstrom the other day and noticed that in addition to the smooth lambskin they also offer a pebble goatskin with gold hardware and one that had silver hardware, red interior lining, and shiny scratch-resistant leather. I looked on the Celine website and Couldn’t find any bags with silver hardware and red lining

I have my large trio (black lambskin) for three years now and it still looks like brand new. That's beeing said I take care about it and that is what I do for every designer bag. For me the Trio is the perfect bag, super handy, goes with everything and super chic. I would like buy it in another color soon. I love lambskin leather and if you take care about this type of leather, don't be scare about the scratches. My have some scratches on the back side of the bag, but on the front side it's in perfect condition. Most scratches can be worked into the leather with soft clothes by using good leather care (cream, foam... I use Colonil).

About four months ago I noticed that my strap is start tearing a little in the place where is strap strew to the bag. I went to the Celine boutique and after one month, I have my bag back perfectly repaired (they gave me the new strap). Celine customer service is the best (it's my fourth time experience with Celine customer service).

Reactions: Sophia
I have my large trio (black lambskin) for three years now and it still looks like brand new. That's beeing said I take care about it and that is what I do for every designer bag. For me the Trio is the perfect bag, super handy, goes with everything and super chic. I would like buy it in another color soon. I love lambskin leather and if you take care about this type of leather, don't be scare about the scratches. My have some scratches on the back side of the bag, but on the front side it's in perfect condition. Most scratches can be worked into the leather with soft clothes by using good leather care (cream, foam... I use Colonil).

About four months ago I noticed that my strap is start tearing a little in the place where is strap strew to the bag. I went to the Celine boutique and after one month, I have my bag back perfectly repaired (they gave me the new strap). Celine customer service is the best (it's my fourth time experience with Celine customer service).

I completely agree with you! The Large Trio is one of my favorite bags ever. I have it in many different colors. And I've also only good things to say about Céline Customer Service. I had been using my Large Beige Trio for almost 8 months and a huge portion of the leather completely peeled off from the strap of the bag. My lovely SA at at the boutique took the bag in immediately and gave me a brand new one on the spot. No questions asked!

I got my large Trio new in August 2017 and have used it daily since. The only signs of wear I notice on the leather are in the bottom corners where the bag touches when standing upright. I try to lay it down flat when I can. Light scratches come out if you rub them a bit with a damp cloth. Haven't had any bad ones yet thankfully. I avoid overfilling it to minimize the stress on the strap and help keep its shape. The gold finish of my zipper pulls has worn off a bit in spots. I don't think it holds as much value like Chanel would.