Celine Trio

I hope this thread is not too old to reply but are all items from 24s.com brand new ?? As the trio is no longer sold in boutiques, where do they get them from to sell if they are all new , never used.. I have also been eyeing the trio.

Yup it's brand new - 24S is the online store for LVMH's department store: Le Bon Marche and it was created to compete against sites like Farfetch. It's based in France

Hi all, after learning the trio was discontinued I went and bought one on Fashionphile. However, I am now concerned I may have bought a fake as the snaps are not in the same place on each pouch causing the bag to hang almost “crooked”. Has anyone encountered this? I also have some concerns about the corners. First time buying a used bag, should I expect to be seeing stitching?

5BC12A0A-B543-4A08-BD30-B0CDD3E47BD7.jpeg

A37BE2BA-CE73-46BF-9C44-E9534605E649.jpeg

I just wanted to share my small diy repair on the trio I have. This is the the loosening thread problem in the middle gusset/pouch. I do not have a Celine store near me, so I cannot send it out for repairs. It seemed like an easy thing to do so I went ahead and bought a couple of leather needles and a spool of waxed thread. B24E72FA-AF56-42C4-A1B0-8123111ED025.jpeg

I was browsing on 24s.com yesterday and saw they have listed the small Trio in 14 different colors as "this item will be back in stock soon", at $928 U.S.

I almost skipped about the room! But, is this a mistake? It seems too good to be true. I have wanted another Trio, one with silver hardware for a long time and this would be awesome.

I was browsing on 24s.com yesterday and saw they have listed the small Trio in 14 different colors as "this item will be back in stock soon", at $928 U.S.

I almost skipped about the room! But, is this a mistake? It seems too good to be true. I have wanted another Trio, one with silver hardware for a long time and this would be awesome.
I saw it too. But it must have been a mistake. It's now back to the old "This product is no longer available" message. :sad:

• Thanks
Reactions: youngster
Hello everyone!

I was hoping to get your opinion on Celine Trio and one other similar bag I found: I have been going back and forth between them and really not sure which one I prefer.

I have been looking for a small minimalistic bag that would work well both for casual everyday outfits, but also for special events (although with my lifestyle, even special events mean I don’t dress up too much or too formal, I still stay minimalistic and simple). I have a Marni Trunk for such purposes, but every time I wear it, it just annoys me for several reasons:
1) It’s so structured and rigid, that it just feels like carrying a box under your arm; and if I wear it crossbody, it just keep hitting me in a very awkward way;
2) Also because it’s very structured, it doesn’t fit as much as I would expect, especially if I need to fit anything bulky - it's always a hassle to close the bag;
3) Lastly, the version I have is not the one I actually wanted: I liked this bag for a very long time and then one day there was a 30% off promo on MyTheresa, so I went for it, but with this promo I could only get the smooth leather version, although I always like the patent version better, so now every time I wear my Marni Trunk, I sort of regret it’s not the patent one.
So as I’m not getting much wear out of my Marni Trunk as I would like, I was thinking about selling it and replacing it with something which is similar in size and style, but is a bit less structured and softer.

As a replacement, I've been considering the Celine Trio bag for awhile, but after seeing The Row Bourse bag, I thought that it might actually be an even better option:
1) Celine Trio has been discontinued, so it can be only purchased pre-loved - and it’s always a risk that you might receive it in a worse condition than expected; Bourse clutch is currently (still) available new at several retailers and in the official The Row online store;
2) Based on the reviews I’ve seen, Celine Trio is very flat - so if you put anything bulky into the front compartment - its shape will be visible, whereas the Bourse has a softer structure, so in theory it shouldn’t have this issue;
3) Again, based on the reviews, because Celine Trio consists of three separate pouches, some people say that when putting something into the bag it’s very easy to miss the pouch and that your hand might just slide between the compartments, and that way you're risking to simply drop the item you’re trying to put into the bag (if that makes sense); since The Row Bourse has only one compartment, this also shouldn’t be an issue with this bag.

That being said, Celine Trio is just so beautiful and has such a timeless design, that I’m really not sure which one I prefer. And then there are also days when I look at my Marni Trunk and think that it’s also very pretty and maybe eventually I would regret selling it…

So I was just wondering what you guys here think of Celine Trio - on its own and in comparison with The Row Bourse (or Marni Trunk). And if you don’t have any experience with either of these bags, I’d still be very curious to learn your opinion - which one would you choose? So any thoughts and opinions will be highly appreciated!

P.S.: I know The Row has the Nu Twin bag that is even more similar to Celine Trio, but actually precisely because it looks so much like Celine, I’m kind of put off by it.

P.P.S.: this is not my Marni Trunk in the photo (although I have the same model), - just a random photo I found on Instagram while I was obsessing over this bag.

Marni Trunk:
B720D193-7CB9-4878-8835-2F747D547C63.jpeg

Celine Trio (although I don't need to show you):
E2B86FB6-C09F-47E8-8AF5-A29B8175E45F.jpeg

The Row Bourse:
B8BC7237-2796-44DC-B802-1F03A5A2EFDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I was hoping to get your opinion on Celine Trio and one other similar bag I found - and I have been going back and forth, because I’m not 100% sure which one I prefer.

I have been looking for a small minimalistic bag that would work well both for casual everyday outfits, but also for special events (but with my lifestyle, even special events mean I don’t dress up too much or too formal, still very minimalistic and simple). I have a Marni Trunk for such purposes, but every time I wear it, it just annoys me because it’s too structured and rigid, so it feels like carrying a box. Plus, also because it’s very structured, it doesn’t fit as much as I would expect, especially if an item is not completely flat. Lastly, I have a bit of regret about Marni Trunk - I liked it for a long time and then one day there was a 30% off promo on MyTheresa, so I went for it, but with this promo I could only get the smooth leather version, while I always like the shiny version better, so now every time I wear my Marni Trunk, I sort of regret it’s not the shiny one. So as I’m not getting much wear out of my Marni Trunk for all those reasons, I was thinking to sell it and replace with something similar in size and style, but a bit less structured and softer.

I have been on a hunt for a Celine Trio for a while, but after seeing The Row Bourse bag, I thought that it might actually be a better option:
1) Celine Trio has been discontinued, so it can be only purchased pre-loved - and it’s always a risk that you might receive it in a worse condition than expected; Bourse clutch is available at several retailers and in the official The Row online store;
2) Based on the reviews I’ve seen, Celine Trio is very flat - so if you put any item that isn’t flat in the first compartment - its shape will be visible, whereas the Bourse has a softer structure, so in theory it shouldn’t have this issue;
3) Again, based on the reviews, because Celine Trio consists of three separate compartments, some people say that when putting something into the bag it’s very easy to miss the compartment and that your hand might just slide between them, and that way risking to simply drop the item you’re trying to put into the bag (if that makes sense); since Bourse has only one compartment, this also shouldn’t be an issue with this bag.

That being said, Celine Trio is just so beautiful and has such a timeless design, that I’m really not sure which one I prefer. And there are also days when I look at my Marni Trunk and think that it’s also very pretty and maybe I would regret selling it…

So I was just wondering what you guys here think of Celine Trio - on its own and in comparison with The Row Bourse (or Marni Trunk). And if you don’t have any experience with either of these bags, I’d still be very curious to learn your opinion - which one would you choose? So any thoughts and opinions would be really appreciated!

PS: I know The Row has the Nu Twin bag that is even more similar to Celine Trio, but actually precisely because it so much like Celine, I’m put off by it.

PPS: this is not my Marni Trunk in the photo, although I have the same model, just a random photo I found on Instagram while I was obsessing over this bag.

View attachment 5703565

View attachment 5703566

View attachment 5703567
I've never actually thought about using my Trio for more formal occasions, as it's rather casual. I would instead opt for my Gucci Marmont camera instead, as with the chain, it seems a bit more dressy.

But I otherwise love my Trio, I haven't found that I drop things between the pouches, and they fit a ton. But it's true, something bulky would bulge in the bag and wreck the aesthetics. Mind you, I still put my sunglasses on top pouch, and honestly it looks fine. I feel like you can't stuff all 3 pouches, but could probably get away with a bit more in the top pouch.

I've never actually thought about using my Trio for more formal occasions, as it's rather casual. I would instead opt for my Gucci Marmont camera instead, as with the chain, it seems a bit more dressy.

But I otherwise love my Trio, I haven't found that I drop things between the pouches, and they fit a ton. But it's true, something bulky would bulge in the bag and wreck the aesthetics. Mind you, I still put my sunglasses on top pouch, and honestly it looks fine. I feel like you can't stuff all 3 pouches, but could probably get away with a bit more in the top pouch.
Thank you for your comment! To be honest, I don't actually attend any formal occasions that often. With my current lifestyle, by special events I mean corporate dinners, parties, etc. (and most of my colleagues don't dress up at all); also going out with friends to restaurants, bars, sometimes museums or theatre - or something like that. So for all those occasions, I don't feel like I need a dressy bag, just something smaller in size than my every day bags (e.g., my Celine Sangle).

Good to know that you don't have that issue with the pouches - I heard about it in almost every review I've seen, so I thought it was a very common problem with this bag. I believe that if I end up getting Celine Trio - I would do the same as you: if I know myself, than maybe in the first two days I own the bag I will hesitate to put anything bulky in the front pouch, but by day 3 I would not care anymore :smile: But this is exactly why I'm a bit hesitating now.