Celine Trio vs Chloe Marcie

morikkaa

Feb 6, 2016
I've been looking for a small and simple cross body bag and I'm down to the Celine Trio or Chloe Mini Marcie. I'd love insight on both (style, how much each can store, etc). Which would you guys get?

I have the Trio and I love it! I actually bought the Mini Marcie but ended up returning it. I do love the saddle bag shape but it's actually sort of hard to get things out of if you have a larger cell phone or even a mid-size wallet.

The trio can be dressed up or dressed down so you could wear it during the day and also for a night out. I felt that the Marcie's bohemian look was more casual.

The Trio's compartments allows me to find my things easily and I like how I can separate the pouches to make a clutch.

The one thing to be aware of though is that you may need to be a bit careful when putting things into the Trio. Since the pouches are not stitched together, I have on a few occasions dropped things when I slipped the item between the pouches.

I have the Celine Trio and i love it. I like that it has 3 separate zippered compartments which are secure and allow my things to remain organised in my bag. The bag is very understated that it goes with everything. I have used this bag to run errands, go shopping, out for dinner and international plane travel and it has been a fabulous bag. I highly recommend it. However, i like the thicker strap on the Chloe Marcie bag, feels more durable and less likely to break or snap. :smile:

I vote Trio! I purchased a large Trio last month and have been really surprised by how much I like wearing it! Total understated luxury. The Chloe bag has such a seventies vibe to me while the Celine is transitional and can work with SO many outfits!

Trio!!! I have the larger black one. It fits so much. Recently, I bought a second one in cobalt blue, now I can mix them, I love that possibility.

Went to Europe for 2 months last summer. Brought 5 bags with me (Trio, Goyard tote, Birkin, chanel boy and a YSL clutch). Love my Birkin but it got heavy. Never used the boy at all, the YSL clutch only a couple of times in the evening, but 85% of the time, I used the trio. Went with everything I wore, light to travel but large to fit a lot. Also when it rained, I was able to fit inside my jacket. It's a winner, can't wait to buy a third color.

I will be the lone wolf here to say the Chloe. Never understood the trio. It reminds me too much of a pencil case.

:lol: Never thought of it that way but I don't think I'll ever look at a trio without seeing a pencil case after reading your comment.

OP, Trio still gets my vote though.

Good luck!