Celine Trio vs Chanel WOC

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I realize this is the Chanel forum, but does anyone have experience with both of these bags? I know they are very different, the Trio doesn't have card slots, and the Chanel is much pricier. But they are both nice cross body bags with a slim profile. Any feedback is helpful!

2. I have both. Are you talking about the small trio?

3. #3 May 18, 2019 at 1:04 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 1:51 AM
    I have both and used the Trio far more than the WOC. Here's why:

Trio
    - Holds more than the WOC. Can fit a small wallet or cardholder, phone, keys or small key case, tissue pack, and small makeup pouch.

- Has 3 pouches which allow for easy organization of items. You can unsnap the pouches and use them separately but I've never done it.

- Leather strap is more comfortable after several hours of wear.

WOC
    - Holds barest of essentials e.g. cards/cash, lipstick, keys (no case), and phone but not much else. Might need to play tetris to fit all items.

- Card slots are a pain to use. They're snug and I have to fumble around at hip level to pull out the card I need. I much prefer to pull out my cardholder and have access to all my cards at once.

- Chain adds weight and and digs into shoulder by the end of the day.

Both are small crossbodies but serve a different purpose IMO. The Trio is good compact day bag. The WOC being tinier is better for nights out and turns into a clutch when you tuck in the chains.

I do see a lot of ladies use their WOC during the day but I personally can't pare down that much. Since owning the WOC for almost 10 years, I've probably used it only a handful of times; it's not a practical size for me.

These days I need bigger bags, so I haven't used the Trio for quite a while. But when I go on vacation this summer, I may bring it as my compact evening bag. I don't like travelling with my more expensive bags. As for the WOC, I'm keeping it to pass on to my daughter. :smile:

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions!

beemeowmeow and cncm like this.
  4. Yes!

5. Thank you so much! This is super helpful!

Anesthestia likes this.
  6. I would go for the trio! I'm a Chanel lover and a small-bag type of girl but I've never liked the look of the WOC. The chain is often too long (for many body frames, anyway), and I just can't get over the proportions of the bag against the body; I feel like it's unflattering and I personally feel like a huge giant playing with a baby's bag when I wear it. (And I'm pretty petite and average figure!)

The trio seems very very practical and just very functional overall.

OCMomof3 likes this.
  7. I have both and I can’t agree more with all the above answers! Celine trio hands down! It combines the practicality of a crossbody bag and the luxurious touch of lambskin. Oh by the lambskin is super tough and durable. In fact I’m using this bag right now on a weekend trip. LOVE it!!

Attached Files:

OCMomof3 likes this.
  8. I have the trio and it is by far my most used small bag. Primarily because it’s not actually that small and can hold a tonne of stuff! I had the WOC and sold it as it was way too small for my needs so absolutely agree with the posts above; Trio hands down!

OCMomof3 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice