Celine Trio and quality issues over time?

chlee1

Apr 22, 2015
I've been eyeing the trio for many years now and am thinking of buy a pre loved version as they are in the $500 range. I'm wondering if anyone can share their option on how it ages? I'm hoping I'll be able to use this bag for 10 years or so. From what I've read it ages very quickly and I'm not sure this bag for will more than a few years of regular wear? Appreciate everyone's thoughts. Thanks.

Your concerns also depend on the condition of the bag you're interested in purchasing. If you can attach pictures I can look at it for you. I purchased my first Trio in 2012 and it's still in great working condition in 2018. Also - if you purchase directly from Celine - they do offer complementary strap replacements and refurbishing.

Reactions: PurseOD and wheihk
I bought a preloved trio on fashionphile (from 2012) that was listed in excellent condition. There was minor strap issues, which is a common problem with older trios. I recently purchased a brand new trio from the boutique (2018) and they changed the design of the strap to a more fortified version. If you’re buying preloved I think the change occurred after 2016? I’m not 100% sure on the exact date it changed, but I think I read about it here on tpf. The reinforced strap is a lot better in my opinion, so if you are buying preloved, look for a newer trio from the last few years.

Reactions: Sophia
I bought a preloved trio on fashionphile (from 2012) that was listed in excellent condition. There was minor strap issues, which is a common problem with older trios. I recently purchased a brand new trio from the boutique (2018) and they changed the design of the strap to a more fortified version. If you’re buying preloved I think the change occurred after 2016? I’m not 100% sure on the exact date it changed, but I think I read about it here on tpf. The reinforced strap is a lot better in my opinion, so if you are buying preloved, look for a newer trio from the last few years.
Thank you, that’s very helpful advice. I bought a preloved blue trio and the strap is a bit worn. However, it’s such a useful and handy bag that I tend to wear it a lot and just dorget about the worn strap. Because I love it so much I’m thinking of getting another, in a different colour, and thanks to your advice I know to look for a newer version.

Reactions: wheihk and PurseOD