Celine Trapeze vs Givenchy Antigona?

cathe_kim

Aug 27, 2014
Hi Ladies!

I was hoping someone could help me decide on my new celebratory bag for a new job that I just landed.

I'm not normally a bag girl, but more of a shoe girl. I have my chanel classic flap bag in lambskin which is my go-to bag.

I know this is the celine forum but I was hoping someone could help me compare the two here. I love the handles and straps on the trapeze but I also love the structured look of the antigona. I just don't know about the Trapeze's shape. I don't own any bags with the "winged" look to it nor have I been a fan. How do you ladies feel about it? Is the bag slouchy at all? And with the antigona, what do you ladies think of the shoulder strap? Do you think the length looks too awkward?

Please help! Thanks!

I love Celine but between the Trapeze and the Antigona for an everyday bag would go for the Antigona-it is lightweight and sturdy.
Really? I had the impression from photos that the antigona would be heavy? Well I guess now I'm officially weighing more towards the anitgona then. Thanks!

I'd say go for the Trapeze. It is heavier
But A LOT nicer looking in my opinion. And it's a very unique bag. If you tuck in the wings it also becomes a very dressy/business-ey bag.

The antigona is nice but feels like a regular bag to me. Nothing special. But the trapeze has a really nice look to it and a very unique structure.

Both are fairly structured and will slouch a little with age. The antigona is easier to get in and out of, having no top flap, but the trapeze is easier to carry with the shoulder strap. It's really just a matter of personal preference. You should try them both on at the store.

I don't own the antigona so I can't make an objective comparison.
I like that the trapeze is "convertible".
You get 2 looks for the price of one :biggrin:
Wings in on the way to work, wings out on the way to happy hour ;)
All joking aside, I agree with Yoshi. I find the trapeze more striking.
Both bags are pretty though.

Would any of you ladies be kind enough to provide a pic of the trapeze with the wings tucked in? I cant seem to find any mod pics of it!

Ah now I'm back to being so conflicted. :sad: I guess I do have to make a trip out to try out both! Thanks :smile:

I'd say both bags are beautiful. Trapeze is more elegant imo and you can remove the strap. You can also tuck the wing and you'll get different look but it's not easy to close and lock the bag especially when you're in hurry. Antigona is lighter and easy to get in and out but the strap is not removeable. The shiny cowhide leather is sturdier than the drummed calfskin. Get both if you can 😁 and good luck in deciding.

I would love to get the two of them, but unfortunately I have to do with one for now. It's so hard to decide between the two since they are both so gorgeous!!! I had my NM SA hold an antigona for me and I'll be going out tomorrow to check out the trapeze!

Instead of getting one brand new I should get both from ebay at a cheaper price? Ah... decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the input! :biggrin:

Hi cathe_kim!

I own both bags, the Givenchy in the small size and the Céline Trapeze in the smallest size.

My love for designer bags started with the Antigona, i just love the edgy/dark look of it.
In daily use the Givenchy Antigona is a little bit more practical, because of the big Zipper.
Its not so delicate and sensitive like the Céline.

On the small Antigona the shoulder strap is really short and it is not adjustable, only the strap of the Mini Antigona is that. If you are a tiny Person it could work. What i do is that the bag sits on the height of the hip is, i just add another black shoulder strap on the bag then it is perfect for my height.

The shoulder strap (not adjustable) on the Céline has the perfect length for me, and the flap of the Trapeze is no Problem in everyday use.
I put my cell phone in the back Zipper pocket and i think both bags have almost the same weight.

Both bags are really beautiful and unique, you cant make a mistake :P

I had a medium antigona but found I didn't use it that much, as it was really bulky and I didn't like using the shoulder strap. When the zipper is open and you use the shoulder strap, the top just gapes open, and I didn't like the way the more used antigonas started to look, where they kind of start caving in in the middle.

I'm now trying to sell my antigona, and I have a pre-owned but perfect condition medium trapeze that I got from Fashionphile. I haven't started using it yet since I'm waiting for my samorga insert to avoid a sagging look when I do, but so far I love the look and the shoulder strap. If you do go the pre-owned route, just be sure to get it authenticated in the authentication thread! Keep us posted and let us know what you get! :smile:

Trapeze is dressier , shoulder strap is very comfy and the mini is very cute , I personally not a fan of three colors bag, because I think it's popular now and might looks outdated next season . If I get trapeze, I will pick neutral and one color only. :smile: , antigona otherwise, it's minimalist and classic style IMO. Easy to open and close and beautiful bag. I own small one and love it. The strap is not the most comfortable but I have no problem carry it on my shoulder , I will vote antigona.