CÉLINE Trapeze CLUB!

Anyone still proudly toting their Trapeze? I finally talked myself into joining the Trapeze Club with my first ever foray into the wondrous world of CÉLINE!

As with all of my bags, this came preloved at a great price from a local consignment store. A friend of mine had the smaller size, but I love big bags and I cannot lie, so here we are. That said, I was simply not prepared by the simply titanic proportions (larger than my workhorse Pashli), so I'm still getting used to the heft.

For an 8 year old bag, the quality is superb! I'm sure we'll be close companions for another 8 (and hopefully more!).

P.S: Don't mind the luggage tag, it's there to distract from the long scratch. I promise I'll take good care of her!

IMG_20201018_222400.jpg

Anyone still proudly toting their Trapeze? I finally talked myself into joining the Trapeze Club with my first ever foray into the wondrous world of CÉLINE!

As with all of my bags, this came preloved at a great price from a local consignment store. A friend of mine had the smaller size, but I love big bags and I cannot lie, so here we are. That said, I was simply not prepared by the simply titanic proportions (larger than my workhorse Pashli), so I'm still getting used to the heft.

For an 8 year old bag, the quality is superb! I'm sure we'll be close companions for another 8 (and hopefully more!).

P.S: Don't mind the luggage tag, it's there to distract from the long scratch. I promise I'll take good care of her!

View attachment 4881914
Congrats on your first Céline! I love the colors they chose for this bag, they go great with one another. :smile:

Reactions: IOSCHA
Congrats on your first Céline! I love the colors they chose for this bag, they go great with one another. :smile:

Thank you! I've always been attracted to the tricolors, especially the neutrals.

Don't get me wrong, a royal blue is always a statement look, but there's something about an understated color palette combined with the minimalist silhouette that does it for me :smile:

Reactions: IntheOcean

View attachment 4881914
Great choice, love the colours!

Reactions: IOSCHA
I recently joined the Céline club too, buying my first trapeze! I was delighted to get an all leather model. She was a bit worn when she came to me but gone off now for some TLC! Will post again when she’s back but here’s the before..

View attachment 4882649

That shade of blue is incredibly soothing to look at! You've got a great find right there :tup:

Reactions: Brightcastle
Could you tell me how heavy your bag is? I am in love this this trapeze, also very late to the party, but loving this shape and your color combo. But a little sensitive about weight for bags...
Not heavy for me. Although I don’t overstuff it. It’s alot less weighty than my mini luggage (the one photobombing on the left side). I highly recommend it! :tup:

View attachment 4881914
Hey there bag twin!!
Hehe i still use my trapeze every now and then, but i’ve found the style just a bit hard to use but i love to pull her out every now and then just because it’s so beautiful. I find my mini luggage’s or edge much easier to use when it comes to top handles on the go. Mine is in the small size but by no means is it a small bag! Happy to see someone else with the same color combo as I :smile::heart:

Attachments

• 2BAC76B6-A26F-4792-B58E-A2CE58E9654D.jpeg
    2BAC76B6-A26F-4792-B58E-A2CE58E9654D.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: IntheOcean
Hey there bag twin!!
Hehe i still use my trapeze every now and then, but i’ve found the style just a bit hard to use but i love to pull her out every now and then just because it’s so beautiful. I find my mini luggage’s or edge much easier to use when it comes to top handles on the go. Mine is in the small size but by no means is it a small bag! Happy to see someone else with the same color combo as I :smile::heart:

Why hello there! It's always a pleasure to see a bag twin anywhere :smile: Your Trapeze is an excellent example of that colorway, and now I may have buyer's regret over not picking the medium or small - the medium feels like a large to be honest :lol:

Do you mind if I ask you about how you take care of her? Mine seems to have a dent on the front that no amount of stuffing can fix, and the leather is a bit bubbly in several spots on the back of the bag.

Reactions: miumiu666
Why hello there! It's always a pleasure to see a bag twin anywhere :smile: Your Trapeze is an excellent example of that colorway, and now I may have buyer's regret over not picking the medium or small - the medium feels like a large to be honest :lol:

Do you mind if I ask you about how you take care of her? Mine seems to have a dent on the front that no amount of stuffing can fix, and the leather is a bit bubbly in several spots on the back of the bag.
I’m not really too sure :sad:
I purchased it unused a couple years ago and I’ve only used it maybe 15 times since then, on my only the leather has softened and there’s maybe a couple minor scratches. I’ve read in the Céline maintenance thread that baby wipes can help with scratches, other than that I just keep her stuffed. The céline maintenance thread seems to be pretty dead; I haven’t gotten a response to my latest post there, but maybe going through it would help as i’m sure someone has had similar problems.
Sorry i’m no help :crybaby: