Celine s/s 2010: what do you think?

Has anyone seen Celine's spring/summer 2010 collection of bags? I particularly like the Luggage. It's the boxy one here http://www.luxury-insider.com/Curre...-Now-Phoebe-Philoe28099s-bags-for-Celine.aspx. I saw it in black and it's really classy-looking. What do you guys think?

The smaller black 70s-looking bag in the inset also looks really nice for a more casual look. Nice?[/QUOTE]

I like that one best. It looks like it's lizzard (and scarily like a vintage one I gave away to a friend - why do I do these things?)

The all bue croc/calf looks more like a shopper than a travel bag and far to precious for the knocks and dirt of travelling.

I used to be a Celine lover. I've got both their Bittersweet & Boogie bags. But this season's line-up really leaves me disappointed. :yucky:Hope they produce sth more inspiring in the FW season.

Has anyone seen Celine's spring/summer 2010 collection of bags? I particularly like the Luggage. It's the boxy one here http://www.luxury-insider.com/Curre...-Now-Phoebe-Philoe28099s-bags-for-Celine.aspx. I saw it in black and it's really classy-looking. What do you guys think?

The smaller black 70s-looking bag in the inset also looks really nice for a more casual look. Nice?[/QUOTE]

I like that one best. It looks like it's lizzard (and scarily like a vintage one I gave away to a friend - why do I do these things?)

The all bue croc/calf looks more like a shopper than a travel bag and far to precious for the knocks and dirt of travelling.

Oh, the photos don't do the all blue croc/calf boxy bag justice. The black one I saw at the stores looks more like a classy bag for work than something for shopping or travelling.

Oh, the photos don't do the all blue croc/calf boxy bag justice. The black one I saw at the stores looks more like a classy bag for work than something for shopping or travelling.

imchristina I should have made myself clearer - I liked the bags - esp the lizard :biggrin:.

I just thought the blue croc to lovely to use as a travel bag (which is how it's described)

No, I appreciate all your replies. The thing is I'm in two minds about getting the bag (since it's not cheap) to begin with. So I wanted second opinions.

I'll think about it a little more and decide. :smile:

I agree with Chloehandbags. Ultimately you're the one who is using the handbag & you've got to love it. However, I guess it'd be delightful if the handbag you wear earns you lots of compliments.

I've used Celine for decades & I could vouch for the quality of their leather & workmanship. They are not very popular in the US but here in Asia, they are much more desired. I have attached a photo of the HK Landmark Celine Boutique taken on Jan 3. You don't see much stock here. Pls be assured that they were not going out of business. They just couldn't restock fast enough.:lol:

Attachments

• 03012010604-001.jpg
    03012010604-001.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 179
I think the collection with clothes/shoes and bags are fabulous! I love the sculptural designs in the clothes and the bags are understated luxury. Celine has always placed emphasis on quality and it shows in this new collection as well.

I saw this collection in Seattle .... WOW!
I've always been a Celine fan and will continue to hold on to my Boogies & Clandy, but I'm open to adding a new chapter to my Celine collection.
I think adding Phoebe will be/is fabulous for the line.