Celine Romy

It's beautiful! Any chance you tried on the medium as well? I'm debating between the two but haven't had the chance to see in person. I wonder if the large will look too big.
Hello! Here’s a photo of me with the large Romy. For reference I’m 5’4 and on the curvy side.

Edited to add one with the Medium Romy. Please excuse the house clothes! :biggrin:
IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_9486.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello! Here’s a photo of me with the large Romy. For reference I’m 5’4 and on the curvy side.

Edited to add one with the Medium Romy. Please excuse the house clothes! :biggrin:
View attachment 5790074

View attachment 5790075
Thank you!!! This is so helpful. Both look good on you.

The difference seems to be the height of the big, when I focus on the middle 'dip' but not sure if it was how the bags were stuffed (white) vs not stuff (burgundy?). Would you say it's ultimately how much stuff you plan to put inside that made you choose large vs. medium?

They also seem to have similar drop too? But since the strap length is adjustable, I guess it's easy to fix on both sizes.

I prefer the large on you, but both look nice. Do you happen to know how heavy the large is?
No, I’m sorry I don’t! I don’t recall it being considerably heavier than the medium though.

Thank you!!! This is so helpful. Both look good on you.

The difference seems to be the height of the big, when I focus on the middle 'dip' but not sure if it was how the bags were stuffed (white) vs not stuff (burgundy?). Would you say it's ultimately how much stuff you plan to put inside that made you choose large vs. medium?

They also seem to have similar drop too? But since the strap length is adjustable, I guess it's easy to fix on both sizes.

Yes, the large is taller and could potentially fit more without sacrificing the slouchy shape characteristic of the Romy. I can’t really overstuff the medium if I want to retain that look. And you are right—the burgundy is empty while the boutique one likely had stuffing. Strap drops differ slightly according to the Celine website but I think are proportionate to the sizes.

These photos were taken a year apart actually! So the large wasn’t available yet when I got the medium :amuse: Even now, I still prefer the medium as it fits my needs more.

Reactions: dbcelly
Thank you so much for your reply!
No, I’m sorry I don’t! I don’t recall it being considerably heavier than the medium though.

Yes, the large is taller and could potentially fit more without sacrificing the slouchy shape characteristic of the Romy. I can’t really overstuff the medium if I want to retain that look. And you are right—the burgundy is empty while the boutique one likely had stuffing. Strap drops differ slightly according to the Celine website but I think are proportionate to the sizes.

These photos were taken a year apart actually! So the large wasn’t available yet when I got the medium :amuse: Even now, I still prefer the medium as it fits my needs more.

This is so helpful - I'm currently debating whether to get the Medium or Large. The boutique near me only has the Medium and I feel iffy ordering one from another store without having seen it first. But being a tall gal (I'm 5'9) I'm thinking the Large would look more proportional to me.

Does anyone have experience ordering from another store without being 100% sure about the bag yet?

It’s holding up pretty well! I find the leather quite sturdy despite being so soft, and I never saw the need to baby it. I do condition it from time to time with Saphir Renovateur but don’t think that’s a necessary step.

I’m loving the look of your medium. Can you please let me know if it’s actually a comfortable bag to wear? I’m so used to cross body bags now … not sure if it will be annoying under arm.

I’m loving the look of your medium. Can you please let me know if it’s actually a comfortable bag to wear? I’m so used to cross body bags now … not sure if it will be annoying under arm.
It does have a tendency to stick out in an odd way, so you do have to consciously lift your arm to accommodate it OR angle it in a way that it sticks out at the back more. But I find that only happens when the bag is filled to max capacity. Otherwise, it's easy to smoosh down with your arm!

It does have a tendency to stick out in an odd way, so you do have to consciously lift your arm to accommodate it OR angle it in a way that it sticks out at the back more. But I find that only happens when the bag is filled to max capacity. Otherwise, it's easy to smoosh down with your arm!
Oh dear. Thank you. I can feel another purchase coming on !!!

It looks like you have to have the men’s version if you want silver hardware.

I notice that when squashed down there is a point to each side. Does this soften further into a slouchier squash in time or maintain the point?

Has anyone spotted or tried on the new mini romy? The medium and large have always looked a bit big on my frame (153 cm), I wish there was something in between the mini and medium