Celine repair - how long does it usually take?

Christineee86

Jun 19, 2016
Hi ladies!

Does any of you have some experience how long Celine repair typically takes? I had my luggage bag sent to repair mid September (I think it was the 14th of September) and I still haven’t heard anything from Celine! It has been 8 weeks now.. I called some weeks ago in the Celine boutique where I brought my Celine bag to for repair and they just said that they wouldn’t know when it’s gonna be ready, but they would let me know once the bag was back from Celine repair..

I was just wondering the same thing. I had a stitch pop on the handle of my new nano belt. Upon closer inspection there’s a row of misplaced stitches. I’m thinking they can’t just re-stitch or the previous holes will show. And I doubt they’ll find a replacement. I’ll follow this thread and update you if I get any news on the timescale. Yours seems like a long time without an update. Best of luck!

Reactions: Christineee86
I was just wondering the same thing. I had a stitch pop on the handle of my new nano belt. Upon closer inspection there’s a row of misplaced stitches. I’m thinking they can’t just re-stitch or the previous holes will show. And I doubt they’ll find a replacement. I’ll follow this thread and update you if I get any news on the timescale. Yours seems like a long time without an update. Best of luck!

Yes the replacement will be a problem with the new collection! I don’t want a store credit unless I can buy the same bag again so I’ll hope they’ll be able to fix it! Let’s keep us updated and hope for the best!

Reactions: BlueCherry
Is the pampering service available for any bag? I know they told me it was complimentary with my box, but I bought my Trio from another retailer and didn't hear anything about it.

Is the pampering service available for any bag? I know they told me it was complimentary with my box, but I bought my Trio from another retailer and didn't hear anything about it.

I learned about this just months ago. My Trio is bought at Celine in Harrods in autumn 2013. And you can turn in your bag for pampering service at a Celine boutique when its 1 year or older.
Yes, by trio looked the same. But i could smell that they had put some caring products on it. And they changed the shoulder strap (again).

I learned about this just months ago. My Trio is bought at Celine in Harrods in autumn 2013. And you can turn in your bag for pampering service at a Celine boutique when its 1 year or older.
Yes, by trio looked the same. But i could smell that they had put some caring products on it. And they changed the shoulder strap (again).

I just sent some bags off for pampering and also a repair on one of my Classic Boxes!

Quick question - did they ask you for the receipt or proof of purchase on your Trio?

Reactions: Christineee86
I just sent some bags off for pampering and also a repair on one of my Classic Boxes!

Quick question - did they ask you for the receipt or proof of purchase on your Trio?

Not sure if this is of any help for you but with my Luggage they were quite happy that I had a receipt of proof. I haven't purchased it directly at Celine, but at a German online fashion store, so maybe that's why they were happy. They agreed however to sent it in before I showed the proof and before they asked me for it, so I think they would have done it without the proof, too. The problem with my bag was also that it had shown wear after only a couple of weeks, so maybe that's why the wanted to see the proof.. because they didn't belief how bad it looked after such a short period of time.

I had my belt in to fix scratches, I think it took about 4 weeks. Customer service was quick to respond to email, but I had to ask for updates. For instance they said they would let me know when it was ready but suddenly I got a message from the courier company it was ready for pick up!

First time they did, and i had it, when i asked for a repair of the shoulder strap that was about to break at the seam. Next time i didnt have the reciept and it was no problem. But im always keeping my receipts in a special box at home, so if they need it i will have it. But i recently bought 2 new celine bags, it seems like the also store the receipts connected to your user account?

Reactions: Sophia
First time they did, and i had it, when i asked for a repair of the shoulder strap that was about to break at the seam. Next time i didnt have the reciept and it was no problem. But im always keeping my receipts in a special box at home, so if they need it i will have it. But i recently bought 2 new celine bags, it seems like the also store the receipts connected to your user account?

I always throw away my receipts after some time! You're right - they can look up the receipt and proof of purchase on the computer system if the bag was purchased directly from the boutique!

For those of you who had used Céline’s repair service, were you happy with the repair work done on your bag?
I just noticed that the buckle/clasp on my new medium black classic box is a bit wonky (a bit slanted and does not completely align with the hardware on the flap when closed), and wondered whether I should send it to repair. The store is unable to exchange it for a new one as they don’t have any in stock and is unlikely to get anymore in the old logo (which is understandable as it took me about 3-4 weeks to receive this bag).
My SA was really nice and suggested that I could bring the bag back at any time for a repair, but as it is brand new I feel a bit nervous sending such a delicate bag off to repair...

Im very happy, but it was "only" a Trio bag. I just wanted them to fix the should strap that was about to break and they also changed the little leather things on the zipper without me asking for it. The bag felt almost like new after this.

Im very happy, but it was "only" a Trio bag. I just wanted them to fix the should strap that was about to break and they also changed the little leather things on the zipper without me asking for it. The bag felt almost like new after this.
That’s good to know :smile:
One other thing that I am worried about is if they will replace my buckle with a new logo one...

Reactions: Sophia