Celine REPAIR and WARRANTY

twinzluvagrl

IG @sincerelyophelia NYC Fashion & Beauty Blogger
O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
Hey Celine fans! I wanted to know what your experiences are with the Celine Repair and Warranty services? I blogged about mine here. But I'm contemplating on adding more insight to it. (Because maybe it was just me and my store?) The responses I got was from the NY Madison Store. I'd love to update it if you guys have experiences with Celine Repair Services and Warranties elsewhere and can share it with me. Whether it be for a dept store, or store itself. I'd love if you can include the year you went through with this and what store you asked and purchased from. I think this will not only be insightful for my blog readers, but also insightful for us Celine fans to get more familiar with the policies of Celine. Thank you so much all!

Hey Celine fans! I wanted to know what your experiences are with the Celine Repair and Warranty services? I blogged about mine here. But I'm contemplating on adding more insight to it. (Because maybe it was just me and my store?) The responses I got was from the NY Madison Store. I'd love to update it if you guys have experiences with Celine Repair Services and Warranties elsewhere and can share it with me. Whether it be for a dept store, or store itself. I'd love if you can include the year you went through with this and what store you asked and purchased from. I think this will not only be insightful for my blog readers, but also insightful for us Celine fans to get more familiar with the policies of Celine. Thank you so much all!

I strongly agree that Celine does lack in comparison to other fashion houses when it comes to Repair, Warranty, or Customer Service. However, I think this issue depends heavily on the customer.

I've had beyond amazing SA's at both the Soho and Madison locations. They've repaired edge coats, loose hardware, new straps, and even took many of my bags for a spa refurbish. I need to mention that a few of these bags that were taken in were actually purchased in boutiques in Europe and Tokyo AND most of them have long passed the 2 year warranty date. I've never been asked to show receipts or any proof of purchase. I even had leather issues with a bag I got from the Madison boutique, and they exchanged it for a brand new one - a year and a half from the actual purchase date.

With that said though, my mother is a serious VIP at Celine and I believe this to be the strong reason why they willingly go above and beyond to assist my mother and myself in our requests.

Hmm... that's interesting. I thought store policies were supposed to be standard. This is very good to know. But I feel discriminating between customers are kinda a bad practice. I still love them regardless but this would probably leave a bad taste in other people's mouths. I would love to hear more experiences from others.

Hmm... that's interesting. I thought store policies were supposed to be standard. This is very good to know. But I feel discriminating between customers are kinda a bad practice. I still love them regardless but this would probably leave a bad taste in other people's mouths. I would love to hear more experiences from others.

The discrimination is exactly why it's problematic. I might be wrong, but I don't think Celine has a repair factory. Usually in the states, the bags purchased from the boutiques are repaired or refurbished by a third party bag and shoe repair shop.

Yeah that's what they told me. And what I blogged about. They told me no repair factories and gave me a card to a nearby bag repair shop on 5th ave. they legit handed me their card haha

Yeah that's what they told me. And what I blogged about. They told me no repair factories and gave me a card to a nearby bag repair shop on 5th ave. they legit handed me their card haha

I read your blog! Super informative! I think within the 2 year warranty, they will send your bag to the repair shop and fix it for you free of charge. I've never heard of the "normal wear and tear," that's complete BS. They should take the bag in regardless!

Yeah. It's weird. Just gave me a card lol. I mean they were super nice about it and apologetic. But I just thought it was odd. I'm just comparing brand policies. I feel like Chanel and even LV has better policies in terms of repairs.

Yeah. It's weird. Just gave me a card lol. I mean they were super nice about it and apologetic. But I just thought it was odd. I'm just comparing brand policies. I feel like Chanel and even LV has better policies in terms of repairs.

For sure, Chanel has a much better repair and warranty system! Nothing surpasses Hermes repairs though. Celine needs to step it up.

i had a repair of my bag in San Francisco. I bought the bag in asia, had the receipt within 2 years - they took it no problem and repaired it for free with no hassle. :smile: My experience was good for at least within the 2 years. That is the only experience I have had. They didnt demand a receipt, but they seemed relieved when I said I had one. It had my friend's name on it because she bought it for me because I was unable to get to that store - and they didnt seem to mind that either.

i had a repair of my bag in San Francisco. I bought the bag in asia, had the receipt within 2 years - they took it no problem and repaired it for free with no hassle. :smile: My experience was good for at least within the 2 years. That is the only experience I have had. They didnt demand a receipt, but they seemed relieved when I said I had one. It had my friend's name on it because she bought it for me because I was unable to get to that store - and they didnt seem to mind that either.

That's good! As of 4/28/17, it seems they also do repairs for a fee now. My only concern was that I couldn't fix my luxury bag at it's own factory or repairs... 2 year warranty is decent. Chloe's is only 1 year... (but they're notorious for a lack of warranty). Thanks for sharing your experience with me! It seems they deem the strap of the Trio's wear and tear as normal even though it's just been a couple of months (when it happened).

I just recently purchased a Celine handbag at my local Celine boutique here in Honolulu, Hawaii and the SA that helped me told me about the 2 year warranty and that if my handbag needs any repairs they would send it out to be repaired. She also mentioned that it would take awhile... maybe 6-8 weeks or so. I assumed she meant they would send it to their factory to be repaired but after reading the posts in this thread I'm wondering where exactly they send it to:confused1:

I just recently purchased a Celine handbag at my local Celine boutique here in Honolulu, Hawaii and the SA that helped me told me about the 2 year warranty and that if my handbag needs any repairs they would send it out to be repaired. She also mentioned that it would take awhile... maybe 6-8 weeks or so. I assumed she meant they would send it to their factory to be repaired but after reading the posts in this thread I'm wondering where exactly they send it to:confused1:
I'm sure they send it back to their original factory for repair. Unfortunately, if they deem that they can't fix the problem, they won't even try to do repairs on it. Then again, I had similar experience at LV with a wallet I tried to get fixed. So I think the policies are similar in a sense.

Oh how interesting. Two weeks ago I took my bag purchased in Europe to a boutique in Hong Kong and they said they could refurbish it for free. They didn't mention the whole 2 year warranty thing, only that they recommend the bag to be at least 1 year old for refurbishment. The SA gave me the impression that you could take a however-old bag in for free refurbishment, but now I suspect it was done because my bag is just under 2 years old. I'll be bringing my trapeze ( >2 yo) bought in Hong Kong to a boutique in London to refurbish next month and I'll keep everyone updated x

Reactions: thepetitequeen
I bought a mini belt bag nearly a year ago, didn't use it much because it had an odd smell to it. I took it back to the store, it wasn't a Celine boutique, and the manager said he would send it to Italy. He asked a few questions about how I stored it and where etc. then said he would be in touch. About a week later I got a message saying that Celine were unable to do anything with the bag, a repair wasn't possible but as a gesture of goodwill he would order me a brand new one. Its now been less than a month and I have my new bag, it smells heavenly and best of all they received it to the store in Ireland then they posted it to me in the UK for free. This is why I stick with this Celine SA and store. Wonderful service.