Celine price increase? I'm confused!

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
www.purseblog.com
Hi Celine ladies and gents!!!

I have a small, growing, Celine collection (Vlad needs to take a pic!!!). I had placed a Citron Nano on order a while back and it finally came in this week. I paid $1650 for it and that price was honored - but when I went into Kirna Zabete they told me the price went up to $2,000. The official tag also said $2,000.

But there is a bit of a discrepancy - I heard from another bag blogger that she said Bergdorfs said there was no price increase and neither did the Celine store in Miami.

Any of you know anything about this or can shed some light?!

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
I think Kirna Zabete is one of the first that is "really up to date" with the price increase.. :rolleyes: I'm not discrediting them but I believe $2000 for Nano is the price for next season. This happened also last time with their mini luggage price where everyone else still @ $1850 and they're already at $2000..

$2000 is still the price of mini everywhere to date (last time I checked NM and barneys).. it'll be $2300 next season.

I'm glad that they're honoring the old price, Megs. Looking forward for pictures of it and your celine collection pictures. :heart:

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
www.purseblog.com
I think Kirna Zabete is one of the first that is "really up to date" with the price increase.. :rolleyes: I'm not discrediting them but I believe $2000 for Nano is the price for next season. This happened also last time with their mini luggage price where everyone else still @ $1850 and they're already at $2000..

$2000 is still the price of mini everywhere to date (last time I checked NM and barneys).. it'll be $2300 next season.

I'm glad that they're honoring the old price, Megs. Looking forward for pictures of it and your celine collection pictures. :heart:
Ok makes sense... I just thought it was weird that no one else is upping the price but if someone did not already pay or order at this price, they will have to pay $2k.

NYCavalier

Chanel & Bal!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2009
Midtown Manhattan
Hi Celine ladies and gents!!!

I have a small, growing, Celine collection (Vlad needs to take a pic!!!). I had placed a Citron Nano on order a while back and it finally came in this week. I paid $1650 for it and that price was honored - but when I went into Kirna Zabete they told me the price went up to $2,000. The official tag also said $2,000.

But there is a bit of a discrepancy - I heard from another bag blogger that she said Bergdorfs said there was no price increase and neither did the Celine store in Miami.

Any of you know anything about this or can shed some light?!
I purchased a flo pink nano from Kirna today and it was $1650.

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
yeah, it's turning me off a little bit. :sad::hrmm: I mean I understand the supply&demand or the exclusivity argument but seriously, every season? :nogood: my lipstick luggage cost about $1750 6 months ago and now not even a year later, it's going to be $2300..

i'm still looking to get a triptyque and one more mini luggage and that's probably it for me. :oh:

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
yeah, it's turning me off a little bit. :sad::hrmm: I mean I understand the supply&demand or the exclusivity argument but seriously, every season? :nogood: my lipstick luggage cost about $1750 6 months ago and now not even a year later, it's going to be $2300..

i'm still looking to get a triptyque and one more mini luggage and that's probably it for me. :oh:
Agree. I'm furiously gathering everything I want NOW because the increase has become rather exorbitant. IMO $2k for a Nano is pushing it.

bumble1

Aug 12, 2007
That's a bummer. I wanted one more luggage but this is putting me off. I loved that at first, Celine was so amazing because the leather and design were superior to those of other high end designers that charged significantly more, but that feeling is starting to change.

dreamlet

Find Beauty in the Ordinary
O.G.
Oct 22, 2010
San Francisco
bumble1 said:
That's a bummer. I wanted one more luggage but this is putting me off. I loved that at first, Celine was so amazing because the leather and design were superior to those of other high end designers that charged significantly more, but that feeling is starting to change.
I agree. Between the rapid price increases and changes in leather, I am seriously debating future purchases.

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
The Windy City
I agree. Between the rapid price increases and changes in leather, I am seriously debating future purchases.
this is the problem as far as I'm concerned -- they're raising prices, but lowering the quality. The original luggage bags were lined with leather or suede and the exterior leather was thick and luxurious. I'm not a fan of the drummed leather at all, and think it's a lower quality than the smooth or textured calf. And don't even get me started on the PL lining -- :tdown::nogood: Sure, it may make the bag weigh less, but than leave the price alone, don't raise it $400+ and use lower quality materials to make the same bag.

To be honest, if this season's luggage bags were the first ones, I can't see them being as wildly popular as they were when they were originally released. A big draw to Celine bags was the leather, but it's just not the same leather any more

And I don't understand the higher price for the drummed leather phantom -- it's just a luggage with a wider wing span. It doesn't have a zipper, so why exactly is the price $300-400 MORE than a Luggage?

monstar

O.G.
Dec 25, 2007
my SA at barneys said the price of the mini luggage is going to increase to $2400 on 1/24 :sad:

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
The Windy City

How does a bag jump from $1600 to $2300 in 2 seasons?? GEEZ. The prices just keep bouncing around.
my SA at barneys said the price of the mini luggage is going to increase to $2400 on 1/24 :sad:
that's not even a season -- didn't the price JUST go up to $2000 in November?? Since when is 2 months considered a full season?:confused1: