Celine Nano Luggage Tote Prevent Sagging, Wear and Tear

camillef_

Apr 10, 2014
Hi, I just bought a black celine nano luggage tote. I've seen a lot of sagging in older luggage totes, especially the larger sizes (ie mini, micro). I've seen it a bit less on the nano but the nonetheless there are some.

How do I prevent the bag from sagging over time? I have it in the calfskin, drummed leather. Do you stuff it with air paper when in storage? How has everyone's nano held up over time?

Thanks!

I always keep my nano stuffed, even when I use it i am conscious to have something on the bottom (currently bubble wrap:hrmm:) to hold the shape. Also, I cannot stress enough to always keep it zipped when you're not actively taking stuff in/out... walking around with them unzipped really messes with the shape.

With regards to the older models I believe they have changed the leather/structure and the newer models sag much less. My nano is at almost 2 years of constant but fairly careful use (always stuffed/zipped) and it looks almost new. Enjoy your luggage, by far my favorite bag!

Hi there, I know this is an old post but I was hoping I'd get some feedback regarding how your nano luggage totes are holding up. I'm contemplating buying a nano luggage myself but am apprehensive since there's so many photos online showing the top handles that lean towards the sides, overall bad structure loss, etc. (I suppose that's why their resale value isn't great?). Either way I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I love my nano luggage!

I have a 2014 nano luggage in smooth calfskin. I purchased pre-loved 2 years ago and use it regularly. It was in impeccable condition with almost no wear/tear. I used it quite a bit before covid, but I don't have many issues. I highly recommend bag inserts. I have them for all of my bags and they can help prevent sagging and it protects the interior of the bag. I think not weighing the bag down will also help. I wouldn't consider this in any size a practical work bag but that's just my opinion.

Regarding leathers, I almost bought a new nano luggage in drummed calfskin recently but I was worried about the bag losing shape over time. I think if you're concerned about the shape more than anything, opt for smooth calfskin. It's still very durable and doesn't scratch easily, and holds its shape much better. However, if you're rough on your bags you may want to go for the drummed calfskin but it will sag over time which you can definitely see in photos on pre-loved websites.

Regarding handles, I think it's about how you carry it. For the nano specifically if the handles hit your body when you walk they may become a little crooked. The handles are not exactly thick leather so it's not a surprise that they can get a little wonky over time. For storage, I don't do care for displaying my bags like some people. I keep them in their dust bags, stuffed (either with airbags or old cotton shirts). I think for the luggage, storing on its back is the best way, especially if you're worried about sagging with the drummed calfskin.

I personally love mine and I think they're great bags! If you buy it new, it's definitely worth the cost over time but you can find good deals on the resale market. If you're concerned about resale value, they do hold value better than other brands but it's not a classic Chanel bag or Birkin/Kelly.

Thank you so much caitli88! Seriously the best feedback I've ever received on anything! If you live in NY we should be handbag BFF's LOL! Yes I have seen the preloved market is definitely a good way to go price-wise. It seems you can score an "almost new" bag and save a few bucks which is great. All of my bags have been purchased from the boutiques but considering the potential savings by going pre-loved, I'm leaning toward that. I will look for the smooth calfskin as you mentioned, and most likely get an insert too. I don't carry a lot anyways so I should be ok weight-wise. Thank you also for explaining why I continue to see crooked straps on these bags! Rubbing against the side of the body totally makes sense to their bend, Idk why I didn't think of that :-s. I too do not display my bags, I keep them filled with air pillows/paper and in their dustbags (even my SLG's). Again, thank you so much for your response, and continue enjoying your Nano!

Reactions: caitli88
Thank you so much caitli88! Seriously the best feedback I've ever received on anything! If you live in NY we should be handbag BFF's LOL! Yes I have seen the preloved market is definitely a good way to go price-wise. It seems you can score an "almost new" bag and save a few bucks which is great. All of my bags have been purchased from the boutiques but considering the potential savings by going pre-loved, I'm leaning toward that. I will look for the smooth calfskin as you mentioned, and most likely get an insert too. I don't carry a lot anyways so I should be ok weight-wise. Thank you also for explaining why I continue to see crooked straps on these bags! Rubbing against the side of the body totally makes sense to their bend, Idk why I didn't think of that :-s. I too do not display my bags, I keep them filled with air pillows/paper and in their dustbags (even my SLG's). Again, thank you so much for your response, and continue enjoying your Nano!

Ha! Not in NY yet. I had hoped to move last year but Covid prevented that! Glad I could help. The nano that I have is so lightweight and I love carrying it! I have also seen new ones at discounted prices on websites like Gilt.com and Joma shop. I don't know much about Joma, but Gilt I trust!

Good luck in your search!

Thanks, and good luck with your move! My husband and I cannot wait to get out of NY but I understand the appeal lol (native Long Islander here lol). I've never shopped Gilt before, I'll have to check it out! I have a mental problem with shopping luxury not directly through the brand themselves, but I'm coming around slowly lol (have bought a thing or two from Farfetch and SSense).

Reactions: UpUpnAway
Hi there, I know this is an old post but I was hoping I'd get some feedback regarding how your nano luggage totes are holding up. I'm contemplating buying a nano luggage myself but am apprehensive since there's so many photos online showing the top handles that lean towards the sides, overall bad structure loss, etc. (I suppose that's why their resale value isn't great?). Either way I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

I bought my nano preloved, so not really sure on its age. I've had it with me for 2 years now, use it often and no sagging :smile: I've also used it travelling putting in heavy things and I haven't seen any issues with the flaps or general shape. I have the calfskin one, not the smooth leather. I've heard smooth holds up its shape better but no issues for me so far!

I just purchased a nano luggage in mineral colour. I’m quite worried about the wear and tear and potential discolouration of the handle. Can anyone help me decide if I should get black or keep this light colour? Also, any advice on how I should protect the leather?

I just purchased a nano luggage in mineral colour. I’m quite worried about the wear and tear and potential discolouration of the handle. Can anyone help me decide if I should get black or keep this light colour? Also, any advice on how I should protect the leather?
I just purchased nano luggage in pearl blue.It's almost the same color as mineral but with gold hardware. I spay all my bags with collonil spray. This new nano is my lightest colored bag, so I have yet to see how it works. My other nano is a 3 color nano and has a light color in the center of the bag. At some point I did get color tranfer, but I wiped it off easily with a damp cloth. I would not exchange a mineral nano for black. Mineral nano is so beautiful and unique!