Celine Nano Luggage - Is this still in style?

torontolondongal

Apr 19, 2019
Hello I just purchased a Celine Nano luggage black in drummed calfskin. I love the bag and the way it looks but I am concerned about whether this bag is still in style, or even a classic bag? Also, is this bag being discontinued? Any thoughts? I was debating between this and the Celine Micro Belt Bag, but gravitated towards this one.

Last edited:
Hello I just purchased a Celine Nano luggage black in drummed calfskin. I love the bag and the way it looks but I am concerned about whether this bag is still in style, or even a classic bag? Also, is this bag being discontinued? Any thoughts? I was debating between this and the Celine Micro Belt Bag, but gravitated towards this one.

Celine Nano is probably one of the most practical bags I’ve ever owned. Small but very roomy. I like wearing it hand held. I don’t think it’s very trendy anymore but it’s still a great bag and a lot of celebrities wear it.

I just returned mine today after much consideration. The change over in creative directors and the fact that the store displays are 90 percent Hedi Slimane’s new designs made me too worried that this bag was going to look “dated” in the near future. I may get a Chanel business affinity crossbody if and when they are restocked.

I think it’s a Style that will last a very long time. It‘s an incredible bag, functional, lightweight, fits a ton, stylish, handheld as good as crossbody-so comfortable!
And when it‘s ever out of style-who cares?! If I love a bag it doesn’t matter to me if it is in style or not or what others think [emoji5]

I still really like the bag too. If I had owned it a couple years ago I would keep using it to death. I was just unsure about buying a brand new one NOW after the change in creative director. At the Barney’s boutique, there are only a couple Luggage style bags and I heard the Ohantom is being discontinued.

I like Balenciaga and Chloe too, but I wouldn’t buy their previous stand out bags now either.

To me, when a bag becomes cemented as representative of a brand, that bag should ,well-deservedly, be considered a classic. You see that with the Dior Saddle (making a nice big comeback), the Balenciaga City, the Chanel Classic jumbo, the LV speedy...and to a more modern sense, you see that with the Luggage bags - there is no other line of bags produced by Celine that is so easily identifiable as quintessential Celine. A classic to me, is something that even my purse-hating SO can identify as by X brand.

Trends change - like whatever Chanel seems to love produce as a lower-end "classic aspiring" piece - the riviera, the 3, the shiva, the Business line (flap, affinity, backpack) etc. To me, these rotating bags are trends, the only thing "classic" about them is the use of the quilted leather.

Also, honestly, buy what you love, worry less about trends vs classic pieces, if you like it and must have it. Get it.

Last edited: