Celine Nano Belt Bag Phoebe vs Hedi?

I'm finally (FINALLY!!!!) able to buy my first Celine bag, and I have wanted the nano belt in black for forever. Phoebe Philo is my all time favorite, and right now I feel like I want one of the nano belt bags from her time at Celine. But, of course if I were to buy the bag new, it would be a 'Hedi'. Is anyone else in the same boat? Do you feel it matters? Should I just wait (and wait, and wait) for one to come up on a resale site? I'm also so scared of buying it secondhand because there are so many fakes out there. And I've seen a number of fakes in my online research that look incredibly real to me. Also, why are there so many secondhand bags available that 'only have the dustbag' or not even the dustbag? Every bag I've ever bought myself, I have kept EVERYTHING, the tags, receipt, shopping bag, box...!

To answer the dustbag question, Celine doesn't have boxes, even brand new items bought in their boutiques come with only the dustbag, no box.

And for the comparison between the Phoebe/Hedi, I have a blogpost comparing the old/new Nano Belt Bag http://www.thebeautynovel.com/2019/03/celine-nano-belt-bag-old-vs-new-quality.html where I show exactly what is different and my overall thoughts
Thanks for your reply! That's good to know about the box, because I have seen some secondhand pieces on resale sites that say or show a box. So I wonder if I should be extra careful around those posts/sellers?

Your post was so informative and wonderful - thank you for giving me the link! The only downside is now I feel like I want the Philo version more haha! I just don't know where to find one!

Reactions: julia.pa
Personally I wouldn't risk buying a designer bag from a secondhand site because I'm so paranoid about fakes. There are some really good ones out there. If you really want a Phoebe, maybe you could try calling your local store and asking if they have any still?

Reactions: eckw
Personally I wouldn't risk buying a designer bag from a secondhand site because I'm so paranoid about fakes. There are some really good ones out there. If you really want a Phoebe, maybe you could try calling your local store and asking if they have any still?
Yes! The other day I saw one in a 'special' color.. like a blue/grey on a resale site. I wanted to see more photos of the color so I googled it, and one of the top search results was a site for fake Celines that looked super real, and had that color! I didn't even think a store would still carry a Phoebe... you think that there's a chance?!

Yes! The other day I saw one in a 'special' color.. like a blue/grey on a resale site. I wanted to see more photos of the color so I googled it, and one of the top search results was a site for fake Celines that looked super real, and had that color! I didn't even think a store would still carry a Phoebe... you think that there's a chance?!
Honestly, I kind of doubt it, but it wouldn't hurt to try!

Keep In mind that some of the sites that sell fakes use photos of authentic bags on their website. I’ve seen photos of mine taken off of the internet on a replica site.

I also waited too long considering the purchase of the classic Box bag (in natural tan). I would have loved Phoebe’s version but like others, I am too worried about super fakes out there so I got Hedi’s version direct from the store. (I once compared my store-bought Trifold with someone’s super fake and even side by side, it was really similar).

I also waited too long considering the purchase of the classic Box bag (in natural tan). I would have loved Phoebe’s version but like others, I am too worried about super fakes out there so I got Hedi’s version direct from the store. (I once compared my store-bought Trifold with someone’s super fake and even side by side, it was really similar).
I tried a SA at Saks but no luck finding a Philo nano belt... I think I'm just way too late :sad: I've also been looking at the Real real and Vestiaire and I just feel like fakes have infiltrated their stock

Actually it’s extremely difficult to counterfeit Celine’s natural calfskin, due to the characteristics of natural calf.

I tried a SA at Saks but no luck finding a Philo nano belt... I think I'm just way too late :sad: I've also been looking at the Real real and Vestiaire and I just feel like fakes have infiltrated their stock

I was actually able to get a Phoebe nano belt recently. It was a seasonal color though. It’s definitely going to be hard to find but I would suggest calling around to see if there’s any possibility they might have some old stock.