Celine Mini Luggage: Don't know what to do, bad experience at Celine Bergdorf.

rouge13

Mar 1, 2014
I apologize if I didn't post correctly. I'm new here.
I finally decided to buy the Celine Mini Luggage in Smooth Black, and I was helped by an SA at Bergdorfs. He offered to ship to my address so that I don't need to pay taxes. AND it'll be brand new from the "warehouse".

At the time, I was told that I would receive a shipping confirmation/info which I never did. I did email him, and no reply. I didn't mind too much as long as I received the bag.

I opened up the box, it was in a silver Bergdorf gift box.
However, the actual bag was in a black Bergdorf dustbag, NO Celine dustbag. Also, the front and the back has very obvious scratches/rubbing marks, including the handles.

This is the first time I've purchased the item in store and had it shipped. I was so disappointed! Who should I contact? Is it possible for exchange?

Judging from this shipment, I'm almost afraid to contact him again, what if he won't even help me?

I'm very distressed. This is the biggest handbag purchase I've done since the Chanel Jumbo (Also from Bergdorf, but good experience, was a gift for my mom). This was a decision after many years too.

Please give me some advice! Thank you! ~Ru

I would absolutely contact Bergdorf's for an exchange! I think it would be best to take the bag to the store and show a manager that they sent you a used bag (judging from the scratches, no original Celine dustbag) and that you would like to get an even exchange for a new bag or a refund. Since this is a very big purchase, it is completely understandable that you would like to receive your bag in pristine condition and I'm sure it was just a mistake on the warehouse's part. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply. I wish I could visit the store, but I live way too far from NYC. I don't know if I should contact him again, or another SA perhaps?? Or just the store??

Thank you for the reply. I wish I could visit the store, but I live way too far from NYC. I don't know if I should contact him again, or another SA perhaps?? Or just the store??
Just contact the manager directly and tell him what happened. They should send you a new one with no problem.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had a less than fantastic experience.

I had a look at the Celine's Recommended SA thread and I also found this:

Sales Assistant - Stephanie Mines was unbelievably helpful I am located in South Africa and she emailed and texted me loads of photos and called me a few times !!! Truly amazing service her contact info below, I honestly haven't experienced service like that in years.

Stephanie Mines

Bergdorf Goodman

Handbags & Accessories

Main Floor

Mobile: 347-986-8405

Landline: 212-872-2519

[email protected]

I hope you can find a solution quickly. Keep us posted!

I'm really sorry to hear that you had a less than fantastic experience.

I had a look at the Celine's Recommended SA thread and I also found this:

I hope you can find a solution quickly. Keep us posted!

Stephanie Mines is AMAZING! Been working with her for years. A true professional.