Celine micro or ......

mtang

Sep 23, 2007
I am thinking about purchasing a Celine micro but for $2500 are there other bags I should consider? I am looking for a bag that I can use for many years, something classic. I will be using the bag for work and need to be able to carry thin paper sized folders in the bag.

IMHO, the luggage "it" craze is going to start waining soon. But the shape of the luggage bag is being micmicked by a lot of other designers. My fave is the Reed Krakoff Atlantique tote. It's got the same basic shape and functionality as the Celine bag, but a cleaner, more classic front panel, and even comes with a removeable pouch. Amazing quality and way less $$$.

Of course I'm bias because I have the mini version! But if Anna Wintour carries one, you know it's a good bag!

rk19648_koabw_a0.jpg

The Celine Micro is a great contemporary design that is sleek but walks on the wild side too. Even though the frame is tailored, its gussets spread like wing and certainly makes an impression. I really don’t know of any other designer bag that has this design (yet).

foxgal said:
IMHO, the luggage "it" craze is going to start waining soon. But the shape of the luggage bag is being micmicked by a lot of other designers. My fave is the Reed Krakoff Atlantique tote. It's got the same basic shape and functionality as the Celine bag, but a cleaner, more classic front panel, and even comes with a removeable pouch. Amazing quality and way less $$$.

Of course I'm bias because I have the mini version! But if Anna Wintour carries one, you know it's a good bag!

I wouldn't worry about the Celine not being an "it bag.". It's a classic shape and if you love it, I'd go for it. It's a beautiful bag. I never View attachment 2059247worry about crazes. Just whether I will love the bag for a long time.

You know, another one to look at is the Marc Jacob Paradise Rio. It's a lovely lambskin bag, beautifully made, and classic. Also a lot easier on the wallet at around $1,300.

Attachments

• image-111016707.jpg
    image-111016707.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:
I am thinking about purchasing a Celine micro but for $2500 are there other bags I should consider? I am looking for a bag that I can use for many years, something classic. I will be using the bag for work and need to be able to carry thin paper sized folders in the bag.

OP, have you considered Chanel's GST or cerf tote? Those are classic bags that have been around a long time.

What about the Phillip Lim Pashli bag? It's quite similar and half the price? I don't have one but maybe someone can report back? I'm also looking for a bag similar to this one but that I can fit over my shoulder. Any ideas?

I have just found out about a new brand called Milli Millu over the weekend through a feature in Elle UK and they have a bag that I love! Here's the link http://www.millimillu.com/shoulder-bags/the-zurich.html it's celinesc but I actually like the design ever more than the celine one and the price is much more reasonable, but I havent heard about this brand before, can someone report about it? Any thoughts would be much appreciate it as I'm seriously thinking of getting one!