CELINE Luggage Tote: Envelope vs. Zip

Which 1?

• Envelope

• Zip (w/ curves)

Results are only viewable after voting.
^ Don't give up hope! I started collecting Celine since 2011 and I was able to acquire two Envelope Luggages (one brand new, one is in mint condition). Check the consignment and auction sites often. They may pop up sometime. There was one Envelope listed a few days ago (not sure if the listing ended yet) but the condition is not so good.

Always get it authenticated before buying. There was one fake Envelope listed on a famous consignment site not long ago.

Unfortunatley, Envelope style has been discontinued since 2010. Envelope leather is in saint! If you love Celine's leather in 2011 or 2012, you should feel the 2010 Envelope!

Style preference is all personal, but leather quality Envelope is way better, no doubt about it!
:tup::tup:I second this. I've owned two envelope Luggage bags and the leather is just amazing!

I actually found my second one just last November (2011) and it was NWT, so it's not impossible to find a new one now. But if you don't mind a gently used bag, it's not impossible. One thing I have noticed is that when the envelope luggage bags show up on eBay, they usually sell for less than the curved zip luggage bags.

They should bring back the envelope luggage. They were the reason I fell for Celine.

Same here! The Anthracite Envelope was the Celine bag that got my attention. Up until then I was pretty indifferent to Celine. It would be great if they did, the only thing is, they've changed the leather and linings so much since then, I wonder how they would compare to the original ones. I'd only want them to bring them back if they used the same leather and suede linings!

Same here! The Anthracite Envelope was the Celine bag that got my attention. Up until then I was pretty indifferent to Celine. It would be great if they did, the only thing is, they've changed the leather and linings so much since then, I wonder how they would compare to the original ones. I'd only want them to bring them back if they used the same leather and suede linings!

Haven't had the good fortune to see the envelope irl. I am sure the leather is wonderful even though I am not sure how different it is from the previous smooth leather of the curvy luggage.
As for lining, I love the lambskin lining of the old curvy luggage. I have the new drummed leather with suede lining and it's just not the same.

I am new in this but clearly love love love bags. Celine was my first designer handbag i have gotten myself when i was 30 years old (Boogie). Been awhile since i see anything impressive from Celine but i have to admit the ENVELOPE is TDF! Getting mine in Anthracite soon!

Question: The Celine Envelope Luggage tote. Is the zipper on the top part of the bag has the engrave celine name on its handle and is the leather handle on the zipper of the top zip is the same as the interior zip?
But i do understand there are some differences of version with the classic 2010 envelope bag. Care to help? Love all the Celine fans and Givenchy too. Antigona the most!