Celine Luggage: too similar to Birkin?

duna

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
Having collected over many years "several" Hermès Birkins, I was wondering if the Luggage tote is too similar to the Birkin to justify buying one......The look is similar, and the use aswell: what do you guys think? Those of you who have both the Birkin and the Luggage, do you find them very similar?

I have both and don't find them too similar. The luggage is open, and I think has a much different look to it. It can more easily be carried with a casual outfit-- whereas I find the Birkin to be a bit dressier (though you can certainly carry it with less dressy things as well).

They are similar in that they are both a bit on the heavy side and are worn over the arm, but otherwise I find them to be very different. Good luck with your decision!

I don't think they're similar at all. While they're both structured bags, IMO the Birkin is very boxy and stiff (but gorgy!!), and the luggage seems less so. I also think that the luggage is going to become iconic in a way that's very different from the Birkin.

Bags are different IMO. Luggage is lighter. Luggage is slightly more N/S. Luggage feel is slightly smaller (less banging about) than a 35 cm birkin but more tote feeling than a 30 cm birkin. I will carry the luggage anywhere whereas the birkin was too heavy and too much of a statement for my comfort at the office.

The only similarity I can see is in the orange leather being Hermes-esque. The bag shapes are quite different and put forth very different styles. Apart from wearing over the arm, I don't see anything else similar between the two. I much prefer the Celine.

The orange grainy calf reminded me of H's orange togo or clemence, but other than that, they're quite different in feel. The Luggage to me is slightly more formal-looking than the Birkin.. it looks more like a "work" bag than the B IMO. (But it feels younger and fresher ATM at least).

^i agree! strange though that my friend's camel luggage was mistaken for a B -- by a girl carrying a Birkin herself! probably a noob :P ...needless to say, quality and craftsmanship is definitely comparable to H, imo.

^i agree! strange though that my friend's camel luggage was mistaken for a B -- by a girl carrying a Birkin herself! probably a noob :P ...needless to say, quality and craftsmanship is definitely comparable to H, imo.

And to add to that... A while ago we were at s&r a grocery similar to Costco/ wall mart etc...anyway a lady carrying a jpg birkin followed me and my mom all the way to the shampoo counter just to take a closer look of the camel and navy... Thus the celine is most likely to be a magnet for h lovers as well, another friend of mine who's a birkin collector travelled all the way to hk just to get a zip in just sharing some stories::biggrin:

Born, were you the friend with the camel? :P

I too, think Celine bags possess the same sort of quality and craftsmanship H lovers commend at H. But thank god atm they're nowhere near as unreachable in terms of price :sweatdrop:

Thanks for the imput ladies! I do agree that the Luggage doesn't REALLY look like a Birkin, but they do have some similarities (like the batwings, for example) and I would use it in the same way as I use my Birkins, i.e. casual (jeans 24/7) But as SCL rightly points out, I don't like to carry a Birkin in certain places, while the Luggage would be more low profile.....