Celine luggage - smooth leather or smooth/suede?

mettan

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
I'm looking for a medium luggage in black with gold hardware.

I now have a discussion with myself if I should hunt for the one in smooth leather only or the one with the combination of smooth leather and suede.

I find the smooth ones the most classic, but I'm a bit afraid that it would look too "polished" on me as I mostly wear distressed boyfriend jeans, tee's, cardigans and boots. On the other side, it could maybe add an interesting contrast to my outfits.

What do you think I should go for?
Any advice is welcome:smile:

I'm looking for a medium luggage in black with gold hardware.

I now have a discussion with myself if I should hunt for the one in smooth leather only or the one with the combination of smooth leather and suede.

I find the smooth ones the most classic, but I'm a bit afraid that it would look too "polished" on me as I mostly wear distressed boyfriend jeans, tee's, cardigans and boots. On the other side, it could maybe add an interesting contrast to my outfits.

What do you think I should go for?
Any advice is welcome:smile:
Medium size Luggage is Micro Luggage correct? The size is great for all occasion and to me both drummed and smooth leather go well with all type of outfit. You can use them as an everyday use or a fancy night out.

I have both drummed and smooth Micro. I enjoy using them both but I tend to baby the smooth leather one.

I'd recommend you get what you think you will enjoy using the most and you won't regret it.

You can never go wrong with Celine Micro

Thank you, Loukpeach!

The medium is not the micro but in fact the largest one, measuring approx. 15w x 15h inches. :smile:

I have seen a couple of mediums in drummed leather, and to me, the quality of these seems to be poorer than the earlier ones, eg splitting of the inking.
But, I have not paid attention to the drummed micros, so maybe this quality issue only happens to the mediums...

But, of course, I see that the smooth leather gets easily scratched, so in that case, the drummed may be a better choice :smile:

Thanks, that's a good point!:smile:
I think the luggage will work great with your wardrobe! Caring for a combination of material (smooth leather/suede), would be more difficult than caring for smooth leather only IMO
What I have reservations about is the size of the bag you are considering.
I have the mini luggage and it is quite heavy so I am concerned that you might not use the bag as much because of its weight. If that is not an issue for you, I say got for the smooth leather :smile:

I owned a smooth leather mini and drummed nano. Both leathers are great. The smooth is more sophisticated I find because it's more structured. I've owned it for a few months now and it hasn't gotten much scratches, as I've been very careful..
I personally like both!!!

I think the luggage will work great with your wardrobe! Caring for a combination of material (smooth leather/suede), would be more difficult than caring for smooth leather only IMO
What I have reservations about is the size of the bag you are considering.
I have the mini luggage and it is quite heavy so I am concerned that you might not use the bag as much because of its weight. If that is not an issue for you, I say got for the smooth leather :smile:

Thanks, yes, I'm sure that it would "tighten up" my easy going outfits in a great way!

I understand that you think about the size, it's a big and heavy bag. I already own one medium in smooth/distressed leather, and I agree that it's real heavy when stuffed. But due to my height (ca 5'11'') I find the smaller ones too tiny, so the medium (eg large) is the size for me.

The caring of the suede is a good point, so I've now decided to go for one in smooth leather only