Celine luggage or YSL muse?

Nov 24, 2006
So, for a couple of years now, I was contemplating on getting a YSL muse (muse I, that is, the original one), but now that the Celine luggage is out and there seems to be so many good things said about it, should I just go for the Celine? I do think they are structurally very different bags, but somehow I can't make up my mind; any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! :biggrin:

Definitely go for the Luggage! I don't like the design of the Muse at all...and while the Luggage is the It bag of the minute I do think it'll outlast the Muse in terms of timelessness. Plus, that leather :heart:

The muse is stiff and sits funny on the arm\shoulder.

I have a luggage zip and LOVE it. The bag feels very classic and even though it's not a shoulder bag, is extremely comfortable to carry. It's also beautifully constructed.... and even living in NYC, I don't see it around. The Muse feels over and done with.

I'd definitely go with the Luggage!! It's different, and yet destined to be a classic. Its lines are clean, and it's such a beautiful bag. Though I like the Muse (and have one), it does not say "forever" to me in the same way as the Luggage. Even if the Luggage never gets super popular (which is doubtful given how many "in the know" fashion insiders carry them already), something about it really speaks to taste and refinement in a way the Muse does not. Good luck with your decision!

when the muse came out, for me, i thought like, "ah ok, its nice"... but the 1st time i set my eyes on the luggage, *swoon*!!! yes, that leather, stitching, down to the lining - such silent beauty! :tender:

I don't have either, but am becoming very excited about the Luggage. Right now everything is out of my reach (scooter accident) but even though I'm still loving the Dior Libertine, this one is soo special. The Muse, lovely though it is, doesn't make me feel the same interest/excitement! Good luck with your choice! :girlsigh:

I much prefer the luggage over the muse, I think that the revamped Celine just has better quality under Phoebe Philos direction than YSL. The muse is propably a lot lighter though than the luggage because it is lined in fabric and it can be carried on the shoulder.