Celine Luggage Medium vs. Goyard St. Louis GM

EAB11

Dec 18, 2017
About every year or two I get a new everyday bag. This is a bag I carry daily. It faces weight, weather, and lots of wear. I stuff books, my lunch, flip flops, and all my other general things into this bag. My current everyday bag is a LV Neverfull MM. The Neverfull has served me well, but I am ready to change it up.

I am trying to decide between a Celine Luggage Medium and a Goyard St. Louis GM (monogrammed of course!).
This decision will not be based on cost, but rather durability and wearability. I want to be able to carry this bag for at least 2 years without it falling apart of going out of fashion.

Also, is the Celine Luggage still even in style? Or, is it fading?

Which would you choose?

I've heard from others that the medium luggage and larger (the phantom) is very heavy even when empty so when it's filled with things, it's going to be even heavier and it's hand-held only which can become inconvenient over time.
The Goyard St. Louis is notorious unfortunately for getting wear quickly to the bottom corners and cracking to the strap. If you were to wear it daily and fill it to the brim as well, then the wear would show up even quicker. If you go over to the Goyard forum, you can see quite a few instances of this happening.

Celine luggage is rather heavy.
Goyard St Louis typically is a beach bag, for light weights.

I have both bags, only use them occasionally.
For a Everyday bag, I’d consider Celine belt or cabas phantom.

Good luck deciding:smile:

I wouldn’t recommend a Goyard for everyday. They wear quickly that way. I love the luggage and it can be heavy, so it depends on what you can handle weight wise. The NF is very light.

I love my Goyard tote!!!! I’ve worn mine everyday for 3 months so far and I don’t see any wear and tear yet. I can’t stand heavy bags so I’d go for the Goyard [emoji1360]

I love my Celine luggages. But yes the larger ones are quite heavy. Perhaps you could consider the micro size which I don't find heavy at all. The Belt and Cabas suggested above are also great options. I would go with Celine if you can find one that would work for you. The quality of workmanship and the Celine leathers are hard to beat. I had a Goyard St. Louis pm but I sold it after I bought a Fauré Le Page Daily Battle on my last trip to Paris. If you like the "look" of the St. Louis, the FLP Daily Battle is another option. I think it is more substantial than the St. Louis and it's a great light-weight daily tote. The straps are longer which makes it easier to sling over your shoulder even while wearing a coat. It comes in both open top and zip top versions. tPF has a great thread on this brand with lots of useful information. Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you decide. [emoji4]

Reactions: onepiece101
For what you want, I say Goyard GM. I have the GM in grey and the cabas belt bag and love the Goyard for lightweight run around. Love the celine too but if you want to throw your shoes and everything else. Goyard is much lighter and bigger than the medium cabas