Celine grained leather...drummed?

prachi

O.G.
Aug 4, 2009
Hi all,

I'm very new to Celine, so forgive what is a very basic question (but I couldn't get a clear answer from previous posts). Is the "grained calfskin," what everyone here refers to as pebbled leather or is it drummed? I understand drummed generally holds the bag's shape better and would prefer that...but no clue what to make of the "grained calfskin."

Thinking about biting the bullet on a mini belt bag.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm very new to Celine, so forgive what is a very basic question (but I couldn't get a clear answer from previous posts). Is the "grained calfskin," what everyone here refers to as pebbled leather or is it drummed? I understand drummed generally holds the bag's shape better and would prefer that...but no clue what to make of the "grained calfskin."

Thinking about biting the bullet on a mini belt bag.

Thanks!

Hi Prachi! All three leathers are different!
Drummed is more soft and supple and has a pebbled texture with a larger grain. Drummed is actually a hybrid between smooth and pebbled, with a thicker texture that’s less prone to scratches, scuffs, and slouching.
The Pebbled leather is soft and will definitely slouch over time but looks the same as drummed. This leather is more supple. And the grain is a less pronounced than drummed.
The grained calfskin is slightly tougher and a bit more hardy. It has a much finer grain. The leather is tougher but still nice.

Reactions: Miss World