Celine Glaze Repair

zoe831

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
Hello:

I noticed a tiny chip on the glaze of my Celine Luggage Tote--a bit of the pink is showing.

I was Googling and found something called "Edge Kote".

Anyone have experience with this?

My Celine Luggage Tote is Black. However, the edge looks sort of dark brown or light black.

Should I order brown or black "Edge Kote"?

Honestly, I hear so many horror stories of "DIY purse repairs" that I would never trust myself repairing such an expensive work of art. Take that extra effort and take it to the store. The last thing you'd want haunting you is making it worse if performed incorrectly, and it might cost more to repair the bag via the store, but you'll be able to trust their craftsmanship since I'm positive you won't be the first customer calling in for this.

If you aren't located near a store, I'd actually go and call some boutiques and survey the SA's for their professional opinions. Good luck!

I was able to touch up a few edges on my small belt bag with Feibing's edge kote, and with a careful hand it wasn't hard at all. I have an indigo belt bag so I mixed a tiny bit of black in with the dark brown edge kote and it was a perfect match. The only tiny difference I noted was that the Feibing's is a little bit shinier than the original glaze, but for the small areas I repaired it was no big deal. Also, if you make a mistake it wipes away easily with a damp cloth while it is still wet.