Celine for Mulberry?

I was just reading about this in the tpf blog!

Knowing little about celine--I'm guessing mulberry's sticking to a plan of appealing to younger buyers.
Which celine designs seem to do--quite trendy. But, imo, fleeting.

Also, I see a bit of grasping @ straws for the company--not sure new cara & kensington bags provided enough $ boost.

If they add "jug ears" to a mulberry design, however, I predict severe rumblings in this forum!;)

I was just reading about this in the tpf blog!

Knowing little about celine--I'm guessing mulberry's sticking to a plan of appealing to younger buyers.
Which celine designs seem to do--quite trendy. But, imo, fleeting.

Also, I see a bit of grasping @ straws for the company--not sure new cara & kensington bags provided enough $ boost.

If they add "jug ears" to a mulberry design, however, I predict severe rumblings in this forum!;)

I had a good look at the new bleinham the other day as I'd like a new shoulder bag and it's lovely with its "ears" tucked in.... All way going well, it looked good, felt nice then I opened the inside to find the most crude, cheap and plain lining ever???? I was stunned. It's a £1k bag and the lining is horrible. That killed it for me. I'm hoping whoever comes on board actually takes the lining of these bags more seriously as I would not spend that kind of money on a bag with hideous cloth material... What's wrong with the old mulberry tree lining like the lining in the Mabel's from yesterday-year... I've always had a thing for a Celine bag esp. The boogie I think it's called.... Labels Most wanted have one at the mo but it's oak, otherwise I might have binned a mulberry for one of them... "Sigh" :nogood:

Good points, ladies.

As I said, don't know much about celines. I know I don't really like their look, for myself.

I think they'd appeal to younger customers, because that's who I 've noticed talking about them on tpf--but, I'm not here all the time.
As with cara bags, we'll just have to wait & see what sales say, if mulberry goes this route.

Totally agree about the linings, though.
They matter almost as much as the leather, for many of us.
I rejected the small oxblood lily, for that light fabric pocket they stuck inside.

As I said, don't know much about celines. I know I don't really like their look, for myself.

totally have to agree with you, remainsilly! And it's fair to say I'm one of the youngsters here with being twenty. Celine is just to 'straight' for me, Mulberry has been far more dynamic I think. To be honest, I want Emma back.

I hope Emma doesn't come back! Her clothes were horrible...frills and weird goat fur, gross. The clothes now are much more wearable and luxury looking. I think the design team have done very well without her.

About 18 months ago I desperately wanted a Celine bag, but I could never justify the purchase to myself and the urge passed, although I still like to look at them from time to time. I think it would definitely be a signal that the upmarket goal and associated pricing is here to stay.

To be honest I'm not sure the designer matters to me - I'm in a handbag slump at the moment and it encompasses all brands.

Good points, ladies.

I think they'd appeal to younger customers, because that's who I 've noticed talking about them on tpf--but, I'm not here all the time.
As with cara bags, we'll just have to wait & see what sales say, if mulberry goes this route.

Totally agree about the linings, though.
They matter almost as much as the leather, for many of us.
I rejected the small oxblood lily, for that light fabric pocket they stuck inside.

I 100% agree about the oxblood Lily. The medium oxblood doesn't have that pocket (or I don't think it's that pattern at least - someone please correct me if I'm wrong?) but I thought that fabric pocket made the bag look cheap on the inside. This is why I'll pass on the regular Lily but will get the medium one.

I 100% agree about the oxblood Lily. The medium oxblood doesn't have that pocket (or I don't think it's that pattern at least - someone please correct me if I'm wrong?) but I thought that fabric pocket made the bag look cheap on the inside. This is why I'll pass on the regular Lily but will get the medium one.

+1
Medium lily's my goal, too--lovely interior, no cheap pocket!

I've also read the rumours but no mention of them in the latest damming report today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-row-royals-iconic-bag-brand-loses-magic.html

I am not familiar with Celine either, I've never noticed them whilst browsing in London stores. I must have passed them by unnoticed. I love lots of hardware,eye-catching colours, exotic and luxory leathers and stunning bags.

So, I thought I'd have a peek on their website which I had trouble accessing from my iPad :graucho: Nothing grabbed me, they mostly looked too "ladylike" for me. I did think some of the leathers were gorgeous, alarmingly the only one that caught my eye said " prices on application". Prices aren't shown until you click on the bag, the others that I looked at were £2500 so I guess Johnny Coca will be right at home :biggrin:

I hope Emma doesn't come back! Her clothes were horrible...frills and weird goat fur, gross. The clothes now are much more wearable and luxury looking. I think the design team have done very well without her.

Exactly - the clothes were hideous...I think Emma knew her time was up. You can't just live off of past success, you have to come up with the goods at all times.