CÉLINE Fall 2014

@anita_hass

pHklm9B.jpg

one of those moments! New in #céline Trapeze bag and @lanvinofficial loafer!

@maraisaustralia

qhFt7iG.jpg

It's blue, it sparkles, it's Céline #céline #bracelet #jewellery #blue #womenswear #womensstyle #womensfashion #streetwear #streetstyle #streetfashion #instafashion #fashion #style #marais #maraisaustralia

eHQLuaU.jpg

L U G G A G E #céline

Handled the Frame bag. Very heavy and as I was observing how the SA opened the bag, I think it's going to be a tough one getting things in and out of. Much force was needed to open up the top by pulling the leather tabs apart.

Also very heavy and very expensive. It was S$5400. Elegant but not very user friendly.

Handled the Frame bag. Very heavy and as I was observing how the SA opened the bag, I think it's going to be a tough one getting things in and out of. Much force was needed to open up the top by pulling the leather tabs apart.

Also very heavy and very expensive. It was S$5400. Elegant but not very user friendly.

That is so disappointing! All the reports of the bags being so heavy. Is this becoming style over function?

I am in love with the short zip booties and the platform shoes, but fear they will be stiff and weigh a ton too. I just tried on a pair of Jil Sander watersnake oxfords I had been dreaming of getting and they were so stiff and heavy. And very difficult to tie.

That is so disappointing! All the reports of the bags being so heavy. Is this becoming style over function?

I am in love with the short zip booties and the platform shoes, but fear they will be stiff and weigh a ton too. I just tried on a pair of Jil Sander watersnake oxfords I had been dreaming of getting and they were so stiff and heavy. And very difficult to tie.

I also tried on a Large Belt bag in grey wool felt. I don't think the current head of accessories and bags at Céline really cares about functionality. The flap is so hard to get in and out of and then you have to learn how to close it properly. Beautifully shaped bags and I am sure the workmanship is good but for such deceivingly simple bags they have very complex ways of opening.

And my very big gripe for Céline when it comes to the footwear is that whoever that picked the leather should know that bags made for bags shouldn't be used on the feet. I feel you ladies and your extremely high tolerance for pain. That I applaud anyone who can wear Céline shoes all day.

I also tried on a Large Belt bag in grey wool felt. I don't think the current head of accessories and bags at Céline really cares about functionality. The flap is so hard to get in and out of and then you have to learn how to close it properly. Beautifully shaped bags and I am sure the workmanship is good but for such deceivingly simple bags they have very complex ways of opening.

And my very big gripe for Céline when it comes to the footwear is that whoever that picked the leather should know that bags made for bags shouldn't be used on the feet. I feel you ladies and your extremely high tolerance for pain. That I applaud anyone who can wear Céline shoes all day.
When I first tried carry the Belt bag I felt the same way. Thought I am the only one. It's not practical for everyday use at all.

^^

To me the Belt seems more like a showpiece than a functioning bag. Sometimes, first editions of new designs have a lot of design issues that will hopefully be ironed out in the later seasons. Let's wait and see.

^^

To me the Belt seems more like a showpiece than a functioning bag. Sometimes, first editions of new designs have a lot of design issues that will hopefully be ironed out in the later seasons. Let's wait and see.

Mmmmm...
I own the belt bag and it is my 2nd favourite bag after the tie tote. I actually use several times per week and I love it! It's lighter than my other Celine bags and can be worn both handheld or over the shoulder. It did take me a couple of days to get used to the opening but now I am fine with it.
It's quite interesting to see how we experience things differently :smile:

IMO, the Edge is the easiest to use (other than my east/west tote lol) and they are discontinuing it. I love the luxurious feel and look of the thick leather tie, etc. but people complain birkins are too heavy -- these IMO are super heavy even empty.

Mmmmm...
I own the belt bag and it is my 2nd favourite bag after the tie tote. I actually use several times per week and I love it! It's lighter than my other Celine bags and can be worn both handheld or over the shoulder. It did take me a couple of days to get used to the opening but now I am fine with it.
It's quite interesting to see how we experience things differently :smile:

I was wondering about the functionality of the Belt Bag because it seems like a lot of "stress" would be placed on the closure because it is being supported by one strap.

Seems like a design flaw in terms of it not being able to hold all of that weight if you are putting a lot of stuff in the bag - which one might do since it's a largish bag.

@blazedog,

Actually the weight of the bag is supported by the body of the bag itself (the back panel)
The handle is connected to the back panel by a metal ring. I will try to post a pic.
So there is no stress on the closure

Last edited: