Celine-dilemma, help!

Magda5

Aug 1, 2010
Hello all! I haven't been on here in a little while (trying to stay away from the buying "peer pressure" ;) but I thought I'd come to people who would understand.

I originally bought a BLACK luggage in late 2011 when the prices were still VERY reasonable. Now I've been coveting all the lovely colors that have come out. Especially dune - such a great neutral!

A new bag is definitely not in my budget currently (I bought a tri-colored trapeze lately), so I'm thinking about selling my original bag that, although has been used occasionally, is very low on the circulation list.

Every time I ask my husband about selling my bags he tells me not to! That I might regret the sell, and its not worth the hassle.

So... advice? Should I keep the bag -- that I do love, but just don't use very much at all. OR should I sell it and continue to save for another color????

starshar

May 2, 2011
So you are planning to sell the black luggage for other colors of luggage? Or what bag are you exactly referring to?

hrhkaren

Jan 6, 2012
a black is always going to be a classic. its like having a LBD, every girl needs a black hand bag. if you really don't want to buy into the peer pressure, then seeking an opinion about if you should sell would be the same thing! your husband is right, you may regret your decision.....

follow your heart....it's the best answer.
:flowers:

shpahlc

O.G.
Jul 6, 2009
I bought a black luggage late in 2011 and I too was in the same situation as you (didn't use it much and had bought some other bags). In the end, I sold it, prices increased, and I regretted the decision. That being said, to each their own. Do what makes you feel best - will you miss the bag when it's gone? What would you get in its place? Good luck!

Magda5

Aug 1, 2010
Thanks for your responses. I'm not too sure I'd miss it. I go through "streaks" where I'll love on one bag / pair of shoes / scarf, etc and then it wont see the light for a while once it gets put away. I can't even think of an outfit that NEEDS the black luggage at this point (I have another classic black bag - a Chanel)

But every time I've taken i tout of its home I am torn. It is really a beautiful piece. Thats why I think I'm leaning toward selling... getting another luggage in another color.

Anyway, thanks for the help... I think I'll keep thinking about it for a bit before I part with it.

starshar

May 2, 2011
I bought my black phantom too while i actually love the taupe phantom more. But my bf kept telling me black is better. After bringing it out for the first time, i am convinced black is for me.

The luggage/phantom is held close to you, at your thigh where it will rub against with the walking movement, thus color transfer may happen easily if you have a light color bag. With a black bag, i am absolutely worry-free. Also because the luggage is a rather big-surface-area bag to begin with so you cannot possibly baby it so well unlike should it be a trio or micro size.

So stay with the black if you are not a bag babysitter. :smile:

Riima

O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
For me, black bags are reserved to the truly timeless piece. I have a black Chanel classic and dreaming of having a black birkin lol. Celine I feel is a much more of an edgy feel, therefore I love having Celine in bright colors. Same case for Balenciaga. Do what is feel right for you :smile:

unoma

I wish i was rich :)
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
EUROPE
For me, black bags are reserved to the truly timeless piece. I have a black Chanel classic and dreaming of having a black birkin lol. Celine I feel is a much more of an edgy feel, therefore I love having Celine in bright colors. Same case for Balenciaga. Do what is feel right for you :smile:
Nicely Put:smile:
Good luck Op