Celine classic box owners: How do you wear your bag

foxie-pooh

O.G.
Jan 29, 2006
As a new box owner, I wonder how others wear their boxes. Do you prefer to wear it long, short, or as clutch? I wonder what you're supposed to do with the extended strap when you use the holes on the strap for the shorter length...do you tuck it in under the loops on the flap?

Also, do you used the bag casually or only with more dressed-up outfits?

Lastly, how well do you find the leather/hardware to be holding up to use?

I hope you're enjoying your new purchase!!! I'm absolutely in love with it myself. :smile:

To answer your Qs:

- I prefer it long, but maybe it's because I haven't figured out how to adjust the straps without wrenching them off! I find myself struggling with adjusting the straps because I don't want to be rough on them, so I haven't done it yet. If you know how to do that, please let me know, thanks, because right now I feel like a fool :rolleyes:

- I definitely use the bag with both casual outfits and more dressed-up outfits. I find it suits jeans, simple diamond-patterned sweater (brrrr, those cold Canadian winters!) and a pair of flats, as much as it suits, well, suits, skirts and other fancier fare. My idea of "casual", however, is still pulled together. When I'm really schlepping it - in sweats - I haven't worn the box. It just looks kinda odd to me to do so.

- The leather is easily scratched and dented, but when I rub the marks with my fingers they disappear. The hardware is a bit scratched, but I don't mind because it looks loved.

As a new box owner, I wonder how others wear their boxes. Do you prefer to wear it long, short, or as clutch? I wonder what you're supposed to do with the extended strap when you use the holes on the strap for the shorter length...do you tuck it in under the loops on the flap?

yes, i tuck the excess strap in the loops under the flap when wearing it short.

Also, do you used the bag casually or only with more dressed-up outfits?

i luv utilizing the 4 ways...

- short strap w/ jeans -to avoid rubbing/color transfer

- long strap w/ dresses - day casual to semi-dressy dinners - depends on attire, short looks nice too.

- crossbody - push bag behind so that it sits at the base of my back - when out w/ 2yr old dd

- clutch, but w/ short strap option - cocktail events - so
i could simply hang it on my shoulders when i need both hands free, ex. holding food/drinks.

Lastly, how well do you find the leather/hardware to be holding up to use?

i've had mine gotten wet w/ minor raindrops and runny whip cream -- all disappeared w/o a trace (took care of the latter w/ a cloth soaked in water).... no scratches that can't be 'finger-buffed' so far. in summary, i'm very happy at how its been holding up!

Last edited:
I do move the strap to the first hole when I don't want to wear mine cross body. I like the larger size, and I'm not really that tall just 5'6"; guess I like to carry a lot of stuff w/ me. :nuts:

I am tossing around getting the smaller size to use as a clutch.

I treat all my bags w/ lovingmybags conditioner before using them and after about 6-12 uses I use the cleaner and then condition again. I don't anticipate having too many problems w/ the bag, but does have the same potential to scratch as H box.

I would love to get a beat up box for a good price as I think I could condition it back to it's beauty.

I use the bag as everyday bag but am careful what weather I take them out in..right now we are having a blizzard.

Hope that helps