Celine CLASSIC BOX Club

View attachment 4389418

Hello, Celine lovers! I am incredibly excited to say that I finally purchased my first Box during my vacation in France. This bag has been on my wishlist for a while now but just couldn’t justify the price tag here in the US. I cannot believe how much cheaper it is in Europe! Anyways, thank you for letting me share this beautiful bag. So simple yet classic, I am definitely now a Celine convert! P.S my husband thinks so as well and that’s always a plus.
P.P.S I have had her for one week now and am terrified to use her, but hopefully one day I’ll muster up the courage to do so.

Congratulations on your box! I just got mine the other day and I'm still trying to muster up the courage to use it. May I ask what the price is in Europe? I purchased mine in the US, but I'm hoping to go to Europe this year and maybe pick up another one! I've seen some websites list it as 3,100 Euros, but I'm not so sure. How do you like it? I'm slightly disappointed that the new packaging is in a black dust bag that sort of feels like nylon. I really liked the old cotton dust bags and the box it came in. Apparently they no longer come in boxes as well. Bummer, but nonetheless the bag is still a beauty :amuse::love:

Congratulations on your box! I just got mine the other day and I'm still trying to muster up the courage to use it. May I ask what the price is in Europe? I purchased mine in the US, but I'm hoping to go to Europe this year and maybe pick up another one! I've seen some websites list it as 3,100 Euros, but I'm not so sure. How do you like it? I'm slightly disappointed that the new packaging is in a black dust bag that sort of feels like nylon. I really liked the old cotton dust bags and the box it came in. Apparently they no longer come in boxes as well. Bummer, but nonetheless the bag is still a beauty :amuse::love:
yes i like the old dust bags much more. the new dust bag feels so much like Saint Laurent.

The cost of the Box was 3100 Euro before the VAT. The VAT return will be 372 Euros. As you can see, it is much cheaper in Europe. Shoot, I should have purchased more things. :smile:
I'm also surprised that the bag didn't come in a box, and I agree that the dust bag is not super soft. However, the strap did come in a separate dust bag, so that was a nice surprise. I haven't worn the bag yet, I am still too scared. What color did you get?

The cost of the Box was 3100 Euro before the VAT. The VAT return will be 372 Euros. As you can see, it is much cheaper in Europe. Shoot, I should have purchased more things. :smile:
I'm also surprised that the bag didn't come in a box, and I agree that the dust bag is not super soft. However, the strap did come in a separate dust bag, so that was a nice surprise. I haven't worn the bag yet, I am still too scared. What color did you get?

The price is so much better :sad:. Tempted to get another one, maybe the small size.:noworry:
I was surprised too when I opened my package so I contacted DF and Celine and they said the new packaging consists of only a dust bag for the bag itself and one for the strap. Kinda disappointed that they always seem to downgrade the packaging after a new designer takes over, but I guess what matters most is the bag itself!
I ended up getting a black medium size, I wanted to get the camel one but I'm such a creature of habit I always end up picking black bags. :P

Love your collection of Box bags! I am headed to France at the end of the week and the Box is the first on my list to purchase. I go back and forth between the mini and the regular size (medium). I will most likely get the medium size, but am still thinking about the mini. Does the mini hold a lot? I have a Chanel mini and a Chanel mini camera bag, are they comparable to the mini Box? TIA.
HI - I don't own the mini but I tried it on. It's adorable but it does not fit my iPhone 8 plus. It will hold the essentials such as a key pouch, small bottles of lotion and hand sanitizer and a lip gloss. I think a small compact wallet would be a tight squeeze or it would leave little room for much else. I have a Chanel rectangular mini and my iPhone 8 plus fits in that with room to spare.

Reactions: Rosieisgood
HI - I don't own the mini but I tried it on. It's adorable but it does not fit my iPhone 8 plus. It will hold the essentials such as a key pouch, small bottles of lotion and hand sanitizer and a lip gloss. I think a small compact wallet would be a tight squeeze or it would leave little room for much else. I have a Chanel rectangular mini and my iPhone 8 plus fits in that with room to spare.

Thanks for the info. I actually ended up purchasing the medium Box. The small was just too small for me and I already have enough mini bags in my collection. I'm extremely happy with my choice and I can't wait to start using it.

Reactions: IWICBTAll!
Hello ladies!
It's my first time posting on this thread and I'm hoping you could help me on deciding on the color for my first classic bag..I came across two colors of lizard classics last weekend, went home with a mini himalaya lizard classic but now after trying to put my essentials in it, I found out it's a bit too small for me so I'll go in again this weekend to exchange for a medium. I wasn't carrying my iphone Xs max at the time so it didn't came to me that it couldn't fit too...

The other colors available is the same himalaya lizard(color on it is slightly faint than the mini I got), and also a dark blue lizard, which is gorgeous in my opinion. I'm wondering if lizard leather is hard to take care of? I heard that the white part on himalaya turns yellow if expose to the sun too much or too hot. I travel a lot in South East Asia so hot, humid and lots of sun is pretty much what I'm exposed to every single day...it makes me lean towards the dark blue lizard more but I really love the aesthetic of himalaya, it's just so gorgeous in person. I would bring home both if the price isn't so expensive here, it's 1200 more than the price in Europe and the tax refund here charges a really high handling fee so it doesn't really help.
I took some photos in store but the fluorescence of the shelf is a bit too strong so it looks a bit off. Here's some photos I found from Celine website. Please tell me what you think, any input will be appreciated! TIA.

Attachments

• C1.png
    C1.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 755
  • C2.png
    C2.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 750
Hello ladies!
It's my first time posting on this thread and I'm hoping you could help me on deciding on the color for my first classic bag..I came across two colors of lizard classics last weekend, went home with a mini himalaya lizard classic but now after trying to put my essentials in it, I found out it's a bit too small for me so I'll go in again this weekend to exchange for a medium. I wasn't carrying my iphone Xs max at the time so it didn't came to me that it couldn't fit too...

The other colors available is the same himalaya lizard(color on it is slightly faint than the mini I got), and also a dark blue lizard, which is gorgeous in my opinion. I'm wondering if lizard leather is hard to take care of? I heard that the white part on himalaya turns yellow if expose to the sun too much or too hot. I travel a lot in South East Asia so hot, humid and lots of sun is pretty much what I'm exposed to every single day...it makes me lean towards the dark blue lizard more but I really love the aesthetic of himalaya, it's just so gorgeous in person. I would bring home both if the price isn't so expensive here, it's 1200 more than the price in Europe and the tax refund here charges a really high handling fee so it doesn't really help.
I took some photos in store but the fluorescence of the shelf is a bit too strong so it looks a bit off. Here's some photos I found from Celine website. Please tell me what you think, any input will be appreciated! TIA.

I don't know much about how to care for lizard, but I love the blue! Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your bag!!

Went in today to exchange my small classic for a medium one and my SA prepared this gorgeous medium himalaya for me and I fell in love with it the second I saw it [emoji173] [emoji173] I've purchased other things from Celine before but this is my very first Celine bag [emoji178]
Thanks for letting me share[emoji170] View attachment 4437299
So beautiful!!!! Love it!

Reactions: Rosieisgood
I've heard feedback about the Box bag straps sometimes pinching the skin or hair because of the metal clasps. I've tried the bag in store also and sort of see how this can be a problem. For those who own the bag, is this a problem for you? How do you avoid it?

I've heard feedback about the Box bag straps sometimes pinching the skin or hair because of the metal clasps. I've tried the bag in store also and sort of see how this can be a problem. For those who own the bag, is this a problem for you? How do you avoid it?

It is a problem and I don’t like the look of the strap if I pull the metal clasps further down. I have short hair so I don’t have any problem with the hair but yes the metal clasps dig into my skin! My solution is I only use mine during fall and winter when I wear sweatshirts and coats! Kinda works for me though since I feel like the colors of mine (a red one and an indigo one) and the bag itself is more a winter style bag. Summer months I prefer more casual looking bags.

Just adjust the strap so that the buckles are not positioned on your shoulder.