Celine Chitty-chat club!

CCmoiselleCC said:
I dont know how true all of this is. I was in Paris and I went to Bon Marche and Printemps and they told me they were completely sold out of Phantom, Luggage, and Trapeze.

I went to the Celine store and am woman was in front of me. Grabbed the luggage from display and said "I want this" and Sales associate literally said almost in front of me "sorry, we don't have any left...that is a display not for sale". I watched her ask if she could buy display and he said "no".

Well a few minutes later I asked him if I could try on this same bag...after a few minutes I asked him if he had it in any other colors...and he listed off about 4 colors and I walked out with a Luggage Mini in camel.

I dont know if Bon marche and printemps were telling the truth...it seems like stock is limited, but I dont know if they are trying to create more and more of a demand by making it less available....but thought my experience was very strange...although I walked away quite happy!

I bought a Mini Luggage over the phone from Nieman Marcus in Beverly Hills. Went to the store to pick it up, they had quite a few on display & a guy asked if he could buy one. They told him that he couldn't buy them, they were for display only...

I have question... my friend is selling her celine phantom for 1,000 dollars. do you think that's a good deal already? I really love the color, royal blue... I can't find this color anywhere... but the problem is the strap..

I dont know how true all of this is. I was in Paris and I went to Bon Marche and Printemps and they told me they were completely sold out of Phantom, Luggage, and Trapeze.

I went to the Celine store and am woman was in front of me. Grabbed the luggage from display and said "I want this" and Sales associate literally said almost in front of me "sorry, we don't have any left...that is a display not for sale". I watched her ask if she could buy display and he said "no".

Well a few minutes later I asked him if I could try on this same bag...after a few minutes I asked him if he had it in any other colors...and he listed off about 4 colors and I walked out with a Luggage Mini in camel.

I dont know if Bon marche and printemps were telling the truth...it seems like stock is limited, but I dont know if they are trying to create more and more of a demand by making it less available....but thought my experience was very strange...although I walked away quite happy!

That is strange, but maybe he just didn't want to sell to a rude lady. :P Congrats on your purchase though! Which one did you get?

When I was there, Celine just opened a "store within a store" at Bon Marche on 9/18. Both a woman at the central information desk and the Celine SA confirmed they just opened. Maybe they were stocking up on inventory for the new store opening.

mikogurl said:
I have question... my friend is selling her celine phantom for 1,000 dollars. do you think that's a good deal already? I really love the color, royal blue... I can't find this color anywhere... but the problem is the strap..

Please get it authenticated and we do not discuss the price within the forum.

I bought my first Celine today - a Trapeze I got right here in Paris :yahoo: and I am absolutely impressed with quality. I waited a long time to take the plunge - perhaps because I knew that I would be instantly addicted, but I am so glad I did. The bag is so well crafted, I don't think I've been this impressed with a bag in a long time.