Celine Cabas Phantom: Comfy shoulder straps?

winnymill

Nov 16, 2019
Hi all,

I'm contemplating buying the Celine Small Cabas Phantom for my 'everything' bag (but predominantly work - think laptop, gym wear, bottle etc.) and I have heard from one girl that stuffing it heavily can make the shoulder straps dig as they're rather thin.

Anyone have any experiences to share? Thanks!

Reactions: UmmIbrahim
Hi all,

I'm contemplating buying the Celine Small Cabas Phantom for my 'everything' bag (but predominantly work - think laptop, gym wear, bottle etc.) and I have heard from one girl that stuffing it heavily can make the shoulder straps dig as they're rather thin.

I have one and I haven't carried it a lot yet and haven't loaded it up heavily but it's a super comfy bag to carry and I intend on getting another colour!

Reactions: UmmIbrahim
Omg I got one last week, I just posted about it. It’s my everyday bag/mom bag/work bag. I’m a Nurse Case Manager in Community Nursing and life so much cr@p with me on the daily I needed a massive but understated bag I could also just use everyday. A lot of bags I find the straps slide or slip... not this bag, the straps “mold” to your body. Yes it fits every gosh darn thing and the kitchen sink!!! No I had no intentions of spending 2K on a workhouse bag but it ended up being the best option for me. I purchased mine at Nordstrom.

Omg I got one last week, I just posted about it. It’s my everyday bag/mom bag/work bag. I’m a Nurse Case Manager in Community Nursing and life so much cr@p with me on the daily I needed a massive but understated bag I could also just use everyday. A lot of bags I find the straps slide or slip... not this bag, the straps “mold” to your body. Yes it fits every gosh darn thing and the kitchen sink!!! No I had no intentions of spending 2K on a workhouse bag but it ended up being the best option for me. I purchased mine at Nordstrom.
I got mine from Fashionphile and it's in excellent shape. They have a reasonably good selection of pre-loved Phantoms.

Reactions: lakeshow
Hi @winnymill, I’ve had my Medium Cabas Phantom for around a year now and absolutely adore it! It can get heavy depending on what you’re carrying (but what bag doesn’t?) however I do find the straps reasonably comfortable. I’ve attached pictures of what the contents of my bag looks like for reference: EC1EBD4D-E76F-4ACD-A62D-BA6B3DF9EA58.jpeg180B79C0-CC90-477D-ABC5-747D038DCF6E.jpeg
I’ve even carried it with a smaller crossbody inside to grab and go: EA944A08-3CEA-41DC-A5FC-2A46CBA2A202.jpeg

I just got my dream Birkin bag, but I still switch back to my Cabas Phantom occasionally. It fits so much, so light and comfy. Agree that it really molds to your body. Best under the radar tote. I might sell my Goyards and just stick with this tote since you can’t actually put anything heavy in a Goyard. :smile:

It does get a bit heavy if you load it up because the entire thing is leather. However, I don't think the straps are too thin at all. I've had mine for about a year as my main work bag, which means I pack it up with an extra pair of shoes, lunch, etc. and I haven't felt the straps dig in or become too heavy on my shoulder. Mine was sort of an impulse purchase as I didn't really need another bag, but it's become my main tote because it's so carefree and looks great. Highly recommend if you are on the fence.

Hi all,

The straps do dig if you overload the bag. I put a lot of things in mine like wallet, phone, diapers, my kids’ snacks and water bottles, books, toys, etc... so pretty much equivalent of a laptop, gym wear, water bottle... that you want to put in. Overall, not the comfiest, but not bad either... definitely comfier than a lot of other totes out there.

I love the bag a lot... it’s well-made, understated, and timeless. Highly recommend. Here’s a pic below (don’t know why it’s sideways though).

Good luck deciding!

82255772-71D8-4824-9DBD-41894A053919.jpeg

The straps do dig if you overload the bag. I put a lot of things in mine like wallet, phone, diapers, my kids’ snacks and water bottles, books, toys, etc... so pretty much equivalent of a laptop, gym wear, water bottle... that you want to put in. Overall, not the comfiest, but not bad either... definitely comfier than a lot of other totes out there.

I love the bag a lot... it’s well-made, understated, and timeless. Highly recommend. Here’s a pic below (don’t know why it’s sideways though).

Good luck deciding!

View attachment 4790637

I love the color! How have you found the wear? Do you use the bag frequently? I’m considering getting a light color but I don’t want to worry about wearing it with jeans or scuffing up the corners

I love the color! How have you found the wear? Do you use the bag frequently? I’m considering getting a light color but I don’t want to worry about wearing it with jeans or scuffing up the corners

Actually just got the bag a month ago, but have been using it every time I do go out. The bottom of the bag hits before my hips, so no problem w jeans so far. Noticed that one of the straps have flared up a bit though, but maybe that’s bc I’ve overstuffed my bag. Haven’t been super gentle w it, but corners haven’t been scuffed and it still looks new!

Reactions: ItsPurseonal

Good luck deciding!

View attachment 4790637

Is this the medium size? Leather looks so nice!

Actually just got the bag a month ago, but have been using it every time I do go out. The bottom of the bag hits before my hips, so no problem w jeans so far. Noticed that one of the straps have flared up a bit though, but maybe that’s bc I’ve overstuffed my bag. Haven’t been super gentle w it, but corners haven’t been scuffed and it still looks new!

Where is everyone finding old logo bags :nuts: ? I've been asking every store I've been to since mid 2019 and there are usually only a couple of SLGs or a Frame bag or two left...