CÉLINE Belt CLUB!

Thank you! I very much prefer the proportions of mini belt and thought it suit my frame better (5’5”). But I would have considered a micro belt for work too since I do not carry a lot with me if it’s not for the long strap - it’s too long and can only work as a crossbody length for me. Quite sure I will not use it and getting in and out of the bag can be quite challenging with one hand so sometimes I would prefer to shoulder carry it instead. Hope it helps!

Thanks for your reply! Yep, I agree that the strap is too long on the micro. It’s long enough that I have to grab the bag to pull it up be able to reach it to open it when carrying on the shoulder. I definitely prefer the strap on the mini for shoulder carry. I only have smaller crossbody bags like the nano luggage so I don’t know how I would feel about wearing a larger bag crossbody. The micro looks fine on me crossbody but not sure how I would like carrying it long term.

I bought a nano belt bag through the help of a friend who was in Paris and just got my hands on it yesterday. It’s indeed beautiful but I have one concern, I find the clasps of the removable strap a little too light, almost “plasticky”. Is this normal for the nano belt? TIA.

Reactions: JLT1
(Cross posted from another Celine thread)—Hi! I’m hoping it’s not too late to ask a question on this thread. I’m planning to add my first Celine bags to my collection. I’m looking for daily use crossbody bags and am most interested in the nano belt bag and nano luggage (I love the look of both of them!). I will probably end up purchasing both over the next couple months but can’t decide which to buy first, and since there’s no boutique or department store carrying Celine anywhere near where I live, my decision will be totally based on online research. I’m 5’4 and somewhat small framed. I don’t work outside the home so don’t need to carry a lot, but am very active socially so I need just enough room for basics like a small wallet, small make up purse, sunglasses, mints, keys, and phone. I would say my style is a mix of southern lady traditional who loves all things vintage, with a touch of boho thrown in for good measure (I’m an artist). Can anyone advise on which of these two bags are better built, more likely to hold their shape, easy to use, and likely to stand up to daily wear without having to baby it? Which bag fits your personal style and why? Also, does anyone have knowledge of which bag is heavier/bulkier when wearing? I have a shoulder issue so I prefer smaller, lighter bags. TIA for any advice you can give me! It’s so hard to decide without being able to try them on.

Reactions: peonypony
(Cross posted from another Celine thread)—Hi! I’m hoping it’s not too late to ask a question on this thread. I’m planning to add my first Celine bags to my collection. I’m looking for daily use crossbody bags and am most interested in the nano belt bag and nano luggage (I love the look of both of them!). I will probably end up purchasing both over the next couple months but can’t decide which to buy first, and since there’s no boutique or department store carrying Celine anywhere near where I live, my decision will be totally based on online research. I’m 5’4 and somewhat small framed. I don’t work outside the home so don’t need to carry a lot, but am very active socially so I need just enough room for basics like a small wallet, small make up purse, sunglasses, mints, keys, and phone. I would say my style is a mix of southern lady traditional who loves all things vintage, with a touch of boho thrown in for good measure (I’m an artist). Can anyone advise on which of these two bags are better built, more likely to hold their shape, easy to use, and likely to stand up to daily wear without having to baby it? Which bag fits your personal style and why? Also, does anyone have knowledge of which bag is heavier/bulkier when wearing? I have a shoulder issue so I prefer smaller, lighter bags. TIA for any advice you can give me! It’s so hard to decide without being able to try them on.

I’m your height and the nano luggage strap is far too long. The nano belt bag is as light as a feather and has an adjustable strap - I can wear it shoulder or crossbody comfortably. And it would definitely suit your boho look too with the belt ties dangling. I do have the luggage but in the micro size and it’s a heavy but very well structured bag.

Reactions: LeilaCreates

I own a Nano Luggage and a Micro Belt. When buying the latter, I had to decide between nano and micro, and found the nano to be too small. The nano Luggage is significantly bigger than the nano Belt. Stylewise, the Luggage is definitely more Boho imho, and the Belt is more elegant/timeless. Both are beautiful!
Durability depends heavily on the type of leather you choose- grained leather does not show wear as much as smooth leather. My nano Luggage and micro Belt are both grained calfskin; the Belt already shows some scratches below the clasp from opening/closing. That‘s probably the only major drawback to the Belt bag: it is difficult to open and close, and looks weird if carried open. Although the nano Belt may have a different closing mechanism, I don‘t really remember.
I agree with a previous poster that the strap length of the Luggage is on the longer side, however it is detachable and you can always get a new adjustable strap.
In summary, I love both bags, but from functionality point of view would recommend the nano Luggage. Keep us posted on your decision!

I highly suggest that you should invest a nano belt or the nano luggage. I'm very petite 4'11 and got a micro belt and it's super heavy to wear it crossbody because of the leather. If you are planning not to hold so much stuff in the bag the nano belt and nano luggage is the perfect choice and good luck on getting the one you want.

I highly suggest that you should invest a nano belt or the nano luggage. I'm very petite 4'11 and got a micro belt and it's super heavy to wear it crossbody because of the leather. If you are planning not to hold so much stuff in the bag the nano belt and nano luggage is the perfect choice and good luck on getting the one you want.
Thanks so much, Peonypony! I really appreciate knowing that, cause the weight of the bag is a huge issue for me. I’m definitely going with the nano, and because of my shoulder have learned to pare down what I carry. It’s amazing how little I actually need compared to what I used to carry with me each day-lol.

So after
I own a Nano Luggage and a Micro Belt. When buying the latter, I had to decide between nano and micro, and found the nano to be too small. The nano Luggage is significantly bigger than the nano Belt. Stylewise, the Luggage is definitely more Boho imho, and the Belt is more elegant/timeless. Both are beautiful!
Durability depends heavily on the type of leather you choose- grained leather does not show wear as much as smooth leather. My nano Luggage and micro Belt are both grained calfskin; the Belt already shows some scratches below the clasp from opening/closing. That‘s probably the only major drawback to the Belt bag: it is difficult to open and close, and looks weird if carried open. Although the nano Belt may have a different closing mechanism, I don‘t really remember.
I agree with a previous poster that the strap length of the Luggage is on the longer side, however it is detachable and you can always get a new adjustable strap.
In summary, I love both bags, but from functionality point of view would recommend the nano Luggage. Keep us posted on your decision!
Thanks so much, Annine! I will definitely go with the grained leather as I really like my bags to wear well. I have been pouring over old posts about the small luggage and have found several complaints that it lost it’s structure/shape as part of normal wear. Have you found this to be true? It looks very structured in the photos. I wonder if the nano would possibly not lose it’s shape because it’s smaller and therefore not carrying the same weight as the small bag? Thanks again for your help!

I’m your height and the nano luggage strap is far too long. The nano belt bag is as light as a feather and has an adjustable strap - I can wear it shoulder or crossbody comfortably. And it would definitely suit your boho look too with the belt ties dangling. I do have the luggage but in the micro size and it’s a heavy but very well structured bag.
Thanks so much, BlueCherry! This is exactly the information I was hoping for. I really love the look of the nano belt. One of the ways I’ve been deciding between the two is that when I get dressed in the morning I imagine which bag would look better with my outfit, and it almost always turns out to be the belt bag. Thank you again!!

Reactions: BlueCherry
I’ve been spending the last couple of weeks reading over every past purseforum post on the nano belt and luggage bags, but it’s y’all’s input that is really helping me to decide. I was originally planning to get one of each over the next few weeks, but in a moment of weakness I picked up a Chanel mini flap bag from Fashionphile this week, so it’s only one Celine for me this month. Both bags have pros and cons, and both are soooooooo beautiful. I’m leaning heavily towards the nano belt at this point because I feel like it suits my style really well. I was telling BlueCherry that one of the ways I’ve been deciding is to imagine which bag would look best with my outfit each day, and it’s almost always the belt bag. This is the way I decided when I was torn between two different Cartier watches and I ended up being really happy with my choice. I’m going to try this decision process for a couple more weeks to give both bags a fair chance, then take the plunge and order my first Celine. I’m so excited!!

I’ve been spending the last couple of weeks reading over every past purseforum post on the nano belt and luggage bags, but it’s y’all’s input that is really helping me to decide. I was originally planning to get one of each over the next few weeks, but in a moment of weakness I picked up a Chanel mini flap bag from Fashionphile this week, so it’s only one Celine for me this month. Both bags have pros and cons, and both are soooooooo beautiful. I’m leaning heavily towards the nano belt at this point because I feel like it suits my style really well. I was telling BlueCherry that one of the ways I’ve been deciding is to imagine which bag would look best with my outfit each day, and it’s almost always the belt bag. This is the way I decided when I was torn between two different Cartier watches and I ended up being really happy with my choice. I’m going to try this decision process for a couple more weeks to give both bags a fair chance, then take the plunge and order my first Celine. I’m so excited!!

I have a nano luggage which I love but also love the belt bag and recently compared all three sizes. I ended up choosing the mini belt because I felt the micro and nano belt were similar in size to my nano luggage, so I think it's a smart choice to pick your favorite one for now! The blogger who writes In My Closet Blog has a nano belt bag that looks adorable on her - she has lots of great outfit pics with it on her blog and instagram! You should check it out, it might help you decide if the nano belt is right for you!