Celine Belt bag or Saint Laurent Loulou

Hey everyone
I am in a big dilemma. Because I finally have a new job, I want to treat myself to a new bag. But I am torn between Celine Belt Bag and Saint Laurent Loulou. I'm looking for something for everyday life. I really like both bags. With the Celine I have some respect for the closure and I wonder if the handles can stand it. And with the Loulou the leather looks so delicate.
What would you advise me to do?
Thank you very much for your help.

Which size are you thinking about in both bags?

I have a Toy Loulou and two Belt Bags in size Nano (and sold my Mini). As for the leather on the Loulou, I don‘t find it delicate at all. It wears really beautifully so far, no scratches or sagging yet (I bought it early summer this year). For the Belt Bag, the clasp on the Micro/Mini can be quite a hassle. Even though I feel like there is a magnet in there as well because somehow it always finds its other part on its own but still, it doesn‘t always work and it drove me a bit insane. Like I said, I had the Mini but sold it only a few days after because the clasp didn‘t work out for me, the fact that it‘s a huge flap bag also made it a hassle for everyday to get in and out of.. idk I loved the look but the impracticality was a no for me.

Last edited:
Medium Size for the Loulou and de Mini size for the Belt bag. I prefer a bit bigger bags for all my stuff.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Seems like the clasp is very tricky, especially for a bag which I would not wearing crossbody.
Probably the Loulou is the better choice

Medium Size for the Loulou and de Mini size for the Belt bag. I prefer a bit bigger bags for all my stuff.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Seems like the clasp is very tricky, especially for a bag which I would not wearing crossbody.
Probably the Loulou is the better choice

Yeah I definitely think the Loulou is better and easier to use. I saw the medium size in person and it‘s definitely big enough to fit a lot of things!

So.. Celine is my absolute favorite brand lately of all my bags! I adore Celine's elegant simplicity. That being said, my EXACT situation is this: Bought a mini (i.e. larger size) belt bag earlier this year. Later in the year, impulse-bought a medium Lou Lou that I later returned (only due to guilt of impulse buy). I told myself it is just a bag and if I am still thinking about it, I can always get it again at a later date.

My current situation is that I still REALLY want that LouLou, and out of all the bags I consider selling.. my belt is the one. I do like it a lot but I wish I got it in a lighter color and smaller size.. I like it a lot but I don't LOVE it. The belt suits my style better but my heart still wants the Loulou and I do think it will be my next bag purchase.

I'd say go try them on and go with your GUT instinct because that will be what you love and reach for and brings you joy! They are two different looks so also consider your general style and when you would use them. Hope this helps!

Perfer the belt bag, it is overall better as a work bag (esp. if you have an office job).

I am not sure that I agree with this.
I have not tried the Loulou but judging the looks of it I would think that that one would be better for carrying documents and a laptop, for example, if that's what you need. I have the belt bag (size small) and it's not optimal for carrying that kind of things due to the shape of the bag (wide base and narrower top), but a sweater and a make up case, sure! :smile:

I am not sure that I agree with this.
I have not tried the Loulou but judging the looks of it I would think that that one would be better for carrying documents and a laptop, for example, if that's what you need. I have the belt bag (size small) and it's not optimal for carrying that kind of things due to the shape of the bag (wide base and narrower top), but a sweater and a make up case, sure! :smile:

Your points are very valid! I was thinking of the belt bag from a style perspective only lol. I should have clarified.

Reactions: Thenewestgirl