Celine belt bag on 5 ft frame

Stephg1027

Nov 10, 2016
Hi all! I recently picked up a belt bag in the size mini (currently the largest size) and I LOVE it. I love the shoulder strap and where it falls on my petite frame (I’m 5ft). My only concern is that from the front (looking straight at me) it protrudes out quite a bit and may look funny since I’m so tiny. I love the shoulder strap vs cross body strap though because I have a few cross body bags already and I tend to like my cross body bags to lay flat on my body. With that being said, now I am contemplating exchanging my mini for a nano. I plan to use this as an every day/casual day bag for shopping, lunches, perhaps errands, and I don’t typically carry too much. The micro size doesn’t interest me as it’s too bulky a cross body for me but has no shoulder strap.

Anybody else with a petite frame have either (or both) sizes that could weigh in on this? This will not be a work bag for me as I can’t bring fancy bags to my job. Does anyone find the nano size is still too bulky cross body? As you can tell, I like bags to look proportional and not stick out too much. I was also eyeing the small phantom cabas (I know, completely different styles) which I loved... but the belt just looks so chic!

I’m trying to build some variety in my collection but prefer all my bags to be functional. In my opinion they are still just “stuff” meant to be used and enjoyed. My current collection includes an LV never full, Gucci soho disco, LV favorite, Celine micro luggage, and a seasonal Chanel flap.

Any input is greatly appreciated!! :smile:

I have the mini and I’m just a little taller at 5’4. Yes it is a deep bag but it suits the style of it. I prefer the proportions on the mini size, I like the shorter shoulder strap so it’s not hanging low when hand carried (I do this mostly), I like the back pocket which is roomy in the mini size and I like the feet. I never consider the size of the bag to my own size, I just carry what I love. I would keep the mini and get the cabas too - it’s an awesome bag.

Reactions: Stephg1027
I have the mini and I’m just a little taller at 5’4. Yes it is a deep bag but it suits the style of it. I prefer the proportions on the mini size, I like the shorter shoulder strap so it’s not hanging low when hand carried (I do this mostly), I like the back pocket which is roomy in the mini size and I like the feet. I never consider the size of the bag to my own size, I just carry what I love. I would keep the mini and get the cabas too - it’s an awesome bag.

Thank you so much for the feedback! Really appreciate it :smile: unfortunately for my wallet I do want a cabas as well!!

Reactions: BlueCherry