Celine bags in python?

dumpliiing

Michelle
Oct 3, 2012
London, UK
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask those of you who had Celine bags in Python leather - how hard wearing is it? I really want a Celine box in matte black python but I am concerned about scratching and the scales lifting/coming off.
The sales assistant I spoke to yesterday said it was really hard wearing and the scales do not come off ever but I think I value and trust your opinions much more!
Any feedback would be really appreciated, thanks! :smile:

Michelle xx

PhoenixH

O.G.
Apr 9, 2011
I am also considering a python box and would love to hear what others have to say. I had the same thoughts myself! Do you have a picture of the bag you're considering? Matte black python sounds lovely!

dumpliiing

Michelle
Oct 3, 2012
London, UK
Hi PhoenixH,

I googled it as I don't have any pictures myself. Not sure if this link will work.... but here goes!

my-personalshoppers.com/newsite/catalog/mps-celine-classic-medium-box-bag-black-matte-python-gold-hardware/

shou35

Aug 6, 2013
Hi PhoenixH,

I googled it as I don't have any pictures myself. Not sure if this link will work.... but here goes!

my-personalshoppers.com/newsite/catalog/mps-celine-classic-medium-box-bag-black-matte-python-gold-hardware/
It works, I prefer light color python box. Like green, blue or yellow. I might get one next summer.:graucho:

Serva1

Dreaming H
O.G.
Dec 31, 2009
Scandinavia
In Box I like lizzard more than python. It´s very durable and scratch resistant. In Trapeze I like python, the flap and wings python, but the zipper and back of leather. It´s not good if the scales rub against your body (happens in Box). I also have a nano with panel and wings of python. Works well, even if I always carry it crossbody. Uncoloured natural python has tight scales, if the scales feel very dry (shiny python) I would pass, at times the colour treatment, especially black, can make the scales dry and more prone to damage. Fortunately the coloured python bags I have seen, especially in Box (yellow, electric blue etc), have been of good quality. Python doesn´t like rain but croc and lizzard are even more sensitive. Choosing an exotic skin depends on the model and above all how you are using your bag.

Jadpe

The Bag Hoarder
O.G.
I have a box in python and one in whip snake. I tend to baby my bags but I wear them on a regular base. I treat both bags with Bick 4 leather conditioner so the scales stay hydrated. I think if the scales are too dry they'll come of eventually. I've got one huge scratch on my python box but it disappeared when I used the conditioner. I also think that python leather won't scratch easier than normal leather. I truly recommend you to get a python box! Love mine!