Celine bags in python?

dumpliiing

Michelle
Oct 3, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask those of you who had Celine bags in Python leather - how hard wearing is it? I really want a Celine box in matte black python but I am concerned about scratching and the scales lifting/coming off.
The sales assistant I spoke to yesterday said it was really hard wearing and the scales do not come off ever but I think I value and trust your opinions much more!
Any feedback would be really appreciated, thanks! :smile:

Michelle xx

I am also considering a python box and would love to hear what others have to say. I had the same thoughts myself! Do you have a picture of the bag you're considering? Matte black python sounds lovely!

Hi PhoenixH,

I googled it as I don't have any pictures myself. Not sure if this link will work.... but here goes!

my-personalshoppers.com/newsite/catalog/mps-celine-classic-medium-box-bag-black-matte-python-gold-hardware/

Hi PhoenixH,

I googled it as I don't have any pictures myself. Not sure if this link will work.... but here goes!

my-personalshoppers.com/newsite/catalog/mps-celine-classic-medium-box-bag-black-matte-python-gold-hardware/

It works, I prefer light color python box. Like green, blue or yellow. I might get one next summer.:graucho:

In Box I like lizzard more than python. It´s very durable and scratch resistant. In Trapeze I like python, the flap and wings python, but the zipper and back of leather. It´s not good if the scales rub against your body (happens in Box). I also have a nano with panel and wings of python. Works well, even if I always carry it crossbody. Uncoloured natural python has tight scales, if the scales feel very dry (shiny python) I would pass, at times the colour treatment, especially black, can make the scales dry and more prone to damage. Fortunately the coloured python bags I have seen, especially in Box (yellow, electric blue etc), have been of good quality. Python doesn´t like rain but croc and lizzard are even more sensitive. Choosing an exotic skin depends on the model and above all how you are using your bag.

I have a box in python and one in whip snake. I tend to baby my bags but I wear them on a regular base. I treat both bags with Bick 4 leather conditioner so the scales stay hydrated. I think if the scales are too dry they'll come of eventually. I've got one huge scratch on my python box but it disappeared when I used the conditioner. I also think that python leather won't scratch easier than normal leather. I truly recommend you to get a python box! Love mine!