Celine Ava or LV Marelle (in black)??

BagLover2334

Mar 17, 2019
Hey purseladies :smile:

I am caught in the choice between these two shoulder bags. I'm really into the hobo style recently (social media of course), and I am now trying to decide which of these I should get! I know this is a Celine concentrated forum, but I'd still like some input on the Ava in general if yall really don't know which one to choose!

TYSM :smile:

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 3.30.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 3.30.25 PM.png

Oct 21, 2008
I don't know much about the Ava and I haven't seen one in real life, but I do have a Marelle (in Miel).

If you find the front pocket too eye catching as you probably know you can easily detach the contrast chained zipper purse and carry it inside the bag (or not at all) if that's your preference. The contrast zipper pouch is the most 'extra' thing about the front pocket IMO - the cutout LV is quite subtle. Personally I like the contrast but if I wanted a more simple, classic look I'd remove the chained purse from the front pocket.
That's my two cents :smile:

Reactions: BagLover2334

BagLover2334

Mar 17, 2019
I don't know much about the Ava and I haven't seen one in real life, but I do have a Marelle (in Miel).

If you find the front pocket too eye catching as you probably know you can easily detach the contrast chained zipper purse and carry it inside the bag (or not at all) if that's your preference. The contrast zipper pouch is the most 'extra' thing about the front pocket IMO - the cutout LV is quite subtle. Personally I like the contrast but if I wanted a more simple, classic look I'd remove the chained purse from the front pocket.
That's my two cents :smile:
Is it easy to use? How is the aesthetic compared to the Ava in your opinion?

Oct 21, 2008
Is it easy to use? How is the aesthetic compared to the Ava in your opinion?
It’s easy to use, a well thought out bag. I love the flat shoulder strap, a really nice, comfortable width. There’s nothing I don’t like about it.

I’m generally not an LV girl but I prefer the aesthetic of the Marelle maybe because the crescent shape is there but less pronounced? It’s a matter of degree - I do like crescent shaped bags but there’s a lot of them about at the moment and the Marelle is a little more unusual.
As I said I’m not very familiar with the Ava but at a glance both bags are visually appealing to me… although I’m not sure how I feel about the big gold links on the Ava. But I could probably find a use for both :smile:

desertchic

Apr 14, 2021
I own the Ava and absolutely ADORE the bag (I’ve worn it a bunch this summer and it’s just sooooo good). The LV is giving me Prada vibes (not a bad thing, just an observation) and I like that you can wear it multiple ways; however, it’s a tad busy IMO (long strap, short strap, chain across the front). I haven’t seen it in person but in the picture, the LV looks as though the capacity is bigger than the Ava. I don’t carry a ton, making the Ava perfect for me; if you tend to carry more stuff, the LV may be a better fit.

Reactions: BagLover2334

danna_b

Sep 26, 2021
I have Ava in tan color and love it so much! I have it over 2 months now, and I wore it almost every day since I got it. It is simply the only bag I reach for since i have it, not because its new in my collection, but simply because it is amazing! So easy to style up and down... I like gold details on the strap, it makes it easy to dress up, but it is in the same time very casual and goes with sneakers as well. Goes so well with everything!
Maybe the best you go to try them both, feel the leather and how it wears on your body.
I think that Ava is more unique shape, and combination with smooth leather (even though it is slightly treated leather) is just perfect for this style.

Marelle gives me also Prada vibes, and even kinda Michael Kors vibes, which put me off that bag definitely.

BagLover2334

Mar 17, 2019
I have Ava in tan color and love it so much! I have it over 2 months now, and I wore it almost every day since I got it. It is simply the only bag I reach for since i have it, not because its new in my collection, but simply because it is amazing! So easy to style up and down... I like gold details on the strap, it makes it easy to dress up, but it is in the same time very casual and goes with sneakers as well. Goes so well with everything!
Maybe the best you go to try them both, feel the leather and how it wears on your body.
I think that Ava is more unique shape, and combination with smooth leather (even though it is slightly treated leather) is just perfect for this style.

Marelle gives me also Prada vibes, and even kinda Michael Kors vibes, which put me off that bag definitely.
I did find that the Ava is a lot softer and maybe prone to mishape if used for a long time. I would want a bag that would hold the sha[e for at least a good half a decade. Do you think the Ava could do it?

danna_b

Sep 26, 2021
I did find that the Ava is a lot softer and maybe prone to mishape if used for a long time. I would want a bag that would hold the sha[e for at least a good half a decade. Do you think the Ava could do it?
Leather on Ava is definitely much softer if you compare to LV Epi, and I think it will definitely slouch over time. I think additional leather around the bag will for sure help preserve its shape, but it is overall very soft leather (which I personally prefer for hobo style bags). If you look for bag that will 100% keep its shape after many years, then I would say definitely go for LV Marelle since its in Epi leather. I have Alma BB in Epi for about half a decade now, and I do use (and abuse) that bag a lot, and shape still remains like its brand new!