Celine Australia - Shipping?

jandals

May 2, 2014
Hey guys, I am just about to make a purchase from Celine in Melbourne, and it's all being done over the phone/online, as Perth doesn't have any Celine stockists :sad: Anyway, they've sent me through the invoice and I have to pay by bank transfer. And, although I'm buying a $2100 item, they want to charge $50 for shipping. Do you guys think this is crazy? I don't want to kick up a fuss if it's normal, but to me it seems insane! It's only a domestic shipment, and although insurance probably bumps up the cost, I feel like it's a cost they cold assume themselves when I'm already paying so much. What do you think? Should I try to complain/fight it?

You could always try contacting the Celine in David Jones in Sydney! They might not make you pay shipping since usually they offer free shipping over $100.

I bought a pair of Celine's skate shoes from DJs Sydney city via phone order to ship to suburban Sydney (pregnant at the time so didn't want to head to city) and they charged me $10 shipping [emoji19] although it would be free shipping if I paid with DJs credit card but I don't have one. This was 3 years ago.

They might be sending it by Courier, I am not too sure. But it seems like a lot for domestic shipping. Maybe just ask them if that's the right price. I would say $15 is reasonable for express postage.