Celine 16 strap too short! How to fix it?

MissCroissant

Apr 2, 2017
Hey! I bought the Celine 16 small in black on a whim, and I'm now regretting it as the strap is way too short to wear it as crossbody.
I live in a European capital, so I would never dare wear it otherwise, from fear of having it snatched. What do you suggest please ? I need around 5 extra inches.
  • I got few "strap extensions" from etsy and they cheapen the look of the bag.
  • i tried tying a twilly bow but it looked akward
  • I'm very busty, so buying the thick celine strap looks a bit ugly on me.
  • Im thinking perhaps a braided strap extension, but not finding anything online.
I went to the store to see if they could come up with an idea, but the SA told me that designers don't want us to wear is crossbody, hence why the short strap :sad: What do you suggest please ? Thanks !

petite-leather-strap-extender-for-purses-handbags-wallets-silver-hardware-mautto_1024x1024.jpg

71c14sHXtpL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I would suggest getting an entirely new strap for the bag. I think any extender you get will just look out of place. I'd look on Etsy at the straps made for an Hermes Kelly. There seem to be a lot of sellers. That way you can pick the exact length you need, and you might even be able to find one with gold lobster clasps to better match Celine's style. Either way I think it would look great!

I would suggest getting an entirely new strap for the bag. I think any extender you get will just look out of place. I'd look on Etsy at the straps made for an Hermes Kelly. There seem to be a lot of sellers. That way you can pick the exact length you need, and you might even be able to find one with gold lobster clasps to better match Celine's style. Either way I think it would look great!
Great suggestion! Ditto this!

I went to the store to see if they could come up with an idea, but the SA told me that designers don't want us to wear is crossbody, hence why the short strap
:shocked:

I tend to wear my small 16 crossbody and am surprised that it shouldn’t be worn this way.

Is it impossible for you to wear it this way or does it just feel awkward because you would prefer it sitting lower on your hip?

Reactions: OCMomof3
:shocked:

I tend to wear my small 16 crossbody and am surprised that it shouldn’t be worn this way.

Is it impossible for you to wear it this way or does it just feel awkward because you would prefer it sitting lower on your hip?

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to wear it this way. I'm tall 5'9 and busty, so it sits right in my chest.
I would need minimum 10cm extra, and ideally around 15cm to feel comfortable.
The bag drop is 46cm which is quite short, for instance the soft 16 has a drop of 52cm.

Great suggestion.

I did consider that, but I'm afraid it will make the bag look fake ? I paid quite a lot of money for this bag, so I don't want it to look like a fake
And That's the vibe I got when I tried the etsy links to extend the strap

Great suggestion.

I did consider that, but I'm afraid it will make the bag look fake ? I paid quite a lot of money for this bag, so I don't want it to look like a fake
And That's the vibe I got when I tried the etsy links to extend the strap

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to wear it this way. I'm tall 5'9 and busty, so it sits right in my chest.
Understand. I am 5‘7 and the small 16 sits already quite high but for me still wearable.

Then also the wool strap wouldn’t help because it is just appr. 4 cm longer. Did you check the Celine leather straps? I don’t know why they don’t provide a measurement for these on theit website…
Maybe they are the same length as the wool strap but I don’t know exactly.

Yeah I saw it. The leather strap drop is 52 cm so that's 8cm extra, hence around 16cm longer in total, which would be perfect!! Except that the strap is too thick :sad:
I wish they made it thinner, or thinner & adjustable.

Why make 1 that is supposed to fit all women and not provide or at least sell alternative straps ...