Books & Music Celebs' Summer Reading List

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
kirsten_dunst300.jpg

KIRSTEN DUNST

Her book club: Deep Thoughts
What she's reading: The Varieties of Scientific Experience by Carl Sagan Category: Science, theology
A selected passage: "I think if we ever reach the point where we think we thoroughly understand who we are and where we came from, we will have failed."

matthew_mcconaughey.jpg

MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY

His book club: Sweatin' to Bible Studies
What he's reading: The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel
Category: Investigative journalism, religion
A selected passage: "And eyewitness testimony is just as crucial in investigating his matters – even the issue of whether Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

kristin_cavallari.jpg

KRISTIN CAVALLARI

Her book club: Mile-High Lessons
What she's reading: Love Me, Hate Me: Barry Bonds and the Making of an Antihero by Jeff Pearlman
Category: Sports biography
A selected passage: "The instant Barry's new teammates saw the vanity license plate (BBSTA, for "Barry Bonds's Trans Am"), the designer jeans, and the $100 sneakers, they formed a decisively negative opinion."

madonna.jpg

MADONNA

Her book club: The Big Chills
What she's reading: The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin
Category: Thriller
A selected passage: "I'm a fabulist by trade, so be forewarned: I've spent years looting my life for fiction."

courtney_love.jpg

COURTNEY LOVE

Her book club: Blonde Ambition
What she's reading: Trading Up by Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell
Category: Beach read
A selected passage: "He might not have been the man that Janey had always imagined she would marry, but the man you did marry never was."
(Good book!)

sarah_jessica_parker.jpg

SARAH JESSICA PARKER

Her book club: Literature and the City
What she's reading: The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
Category: Literary fiction
A selected passage: "I try to make a point of being seen. Sometimes when I'm out, I'll buy a juice even though I'm not thirsty."

Well, looks like Courtney and I are in the same reading club...but that's the only club we would be in together! I like Candace Bushnell. I also want to read the Barry Bonds Bio.....GO GIANT'S!