Books & Music Celebs' Summer Reading List

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. [​IMG]
    KIRSTEN DUNST

Her book club: Deep Thoughts
    What she's reading: The Varieties of Scientific Experience by Carl Sagan Category: Science, theology
    A selected passage: "I think if we ever reach the point where we think we thoroughly understand who we are and where we came from, we will have failed."

[​IMG]
    MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY

His book club: Sweatin' to Bible Studies
    What he's reading: The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel
    Category: Investigative journalism, religion
    A selected passage: "And eyewitness testimony is just as crucial in investigating his matters – even the issue of whether Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

2. [​IMG]
    KRISTIN CAVALLARI

Her book club: Mile-High Lessons
    What she's reading: Love Me, Hate Me: Barry Bonds and the Making of an Antihero by Jeff Pearlman
    Category: Sports biography
    A selected passage: "The instant Barry's new teammates saw the vanity license plate (BBSTA, for "Barry Bonds's Trans Am"), the designer jeans, and the $100 sneakers, they formed a decisively negative opinion."

[​IMG]
    MADONNA

Her book club: The Big Chills
    What she's reading: The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin
    Category: Thriller
    A selected passage: "I'm a fabulist by trade, so be forewarned: I've spent years looting my life for fiction."

3. [​IMG]
    COURTNEY LOVE

Her book club: Blonde Ambition
    What she's reading: Trading Up by Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell
    Category: Beach read
    A selected passage: "He might not have been the man that Janey had always imagined she would marry, but the man you did marry never was."
    (Good book!)

[​IMG]
    SARAH JESSICA PARKER

Her book club: Literature and the City
    What she's reading: The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
    Category: Literary fiction
    A selected passage: "I try to make a point of being seen. Sometimes when I'm out, I'll buy a juice even though I'm not thirsty."

4. I love Armistead Maupin!

5. Well, looks like Courtney and I are in the same reading club...but that's the only club we would be in together! I like Candace Bushnell. I also want to read the Barry Bonds Bio.....GO GIANT'S!

6. Trading Up was a funny book. I love Candace Bushnell.

7. Interesting choices!