Celebrity Rehab w/ Dr Drew

I finally caught this show and love it! Because of this I feel totally different toward Bridgette (the one from Flavor of Love). She seems like she is very down to earth and helpful to the others. I used to just think of her as a gold digger.

I totally agree about Bridgette..I used to watch Dr Phil and like it, but it seems like his 'straight talk' can in the way of helping people. He's looking for some sort of shock value, and Dr Drew is really more interested in helping his patients..that and he's a real doctor.

I totally agree about Bridgette..I used to watch Dr Phil and like it, but it seems like his 'straight talk' can in the way of helping people. He's looking for some sort of shock value, and Dr Drew is really more interested in helping his patients..that and he's a real doctor.
you're right about dr drew. i mean, this is his job, not just something to do for reality tv. in my book, that gives him an enormous amount of credibility that few could imitate.

the little i've seen of dr phil, he tends to get opinions in there too often. and doesn't seem to practice what he preaches. i think he says a lot of things that end up being cute little quips that don't mean anything (you know what i mean?).

There are quite a few HOT messes on this show.

In order

Jeff
Jessica Sierra
Crazy town guy
Daniel Baldwin
Mary Carey
Bridgette Nielson
Chyna
Family Matters chick

Can't wait to see who leaves/gets kicked out first.

Dr. Drew Rocks!

AGREE! major hot messes!! i did NOT need to see the worker rubbing the ointment on jeff's a$$ on the last episode! :throwup: tomorrow's episode looks good. who's the new big guy joining the group?

^ He's an MMA fighter.

From the VH1 celeb rehab page:
Ricco Rodriguez
Born: August 19, 1977

Rodriguez nick named Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez is an American mixed martial arts fighter with a professional MMA record of 26-7-0. He has fought in most of the major fight organizations--UFC, PRIDE, King of the Cage--and was renowned as the UFC Heavyweight Champion. Ricco has a daughter whom he raised as a single dad for two years.

Is anyone watching tonight? Geez, if watching Jeff Conaway doesn't make you see what too much drugs and alcohol do to you, you're beyond help.

If I were Dr. Drew, I'd be banging my head against the wall. It's early days, but trying to help addicts help themselves is the most frustrating thing in the world (I was an addictions counselor many years ago--I took everyone's problems home with me and that's not good. You need to detach)

Yes, surprise, surprise!! Dr. Drew works out. Jeff is missing lotsa brain cells, sadly. I'm really pulling for these people to make it, but you can almost tell who won't. I hope I'm wrong.

the whole episode tonight was intense...jeff's girlfriend infuriates me like nothing else. and this new guy (oh crap, what was his name?), i don't even know what to think about him. he just seems so nonchalant. and to think that his drugs/alcohol aren't affecting his kids at ALL?! damn.

how on earth drew doesn't just SCREAM at these people, i have no idea. he must be a saint.

and i've mildly got a crush on drew, haha. some of his loveline pics with stryker...:shame:

It is often pointed out that talent is just one element of success in any artistic endeavor, and in fact, is not even at the top of the list.

It might be more accurate to say that the presence of talent does not preclude such success.

That is what stands out to me, as I watch this show. All of the hamsters have obtained - and in most cases, lost, some measure of success, but whether any one of them has talent, and if so how much, is not nearly as relevant as that element that IS way up there on the list - that willingness, ability even, to "put yourself out there," to throw up, to talk about being abused as a child, admit your deepest fears, bare your most gaping wounds, all while that camera is rolling, sending it all out, at the discretion of the editing room, to all those wonderful people out there in the semi-dark of our living rooms.

Maybe that is a talent in itself. There are certainly better actors than Jeff Conaway who would not, could not, do that.

Their motivations for being on the show don't really matter. Whether they are doing it because financial options are running low, and even former tween stars have to pay rent, or whether they do it in hopes of hanging onto what has been, at best, a spot on the C-list, their stories, their experiences do have the same potential to speak to people who need to hear it, and in some cases, I believe that will happen.

And in those cases where it does, where the sight of Jeff's withdrawal actually causes someone who might be thinking of crushing up time-release pain pills and snorting them, to Just Say No and smoke a joint instead, that could be a life saved.

And even the "stretch" among the hamsters, the pretty young girl who claims to have become so addicted to even the consumption of the kindly old plant that it has taken over her life, she too has a story to tell, and a lesson to teach: People with a predisposition to addiction can become addicted to anything.

It is about addiction itself more than it is about being addicted to what, to the relative safety or merit of one substance or another.

As the obnoxious Baldwin brother points out, it is not like they are going to go do a couple of lines of coke, hang out with their friends at a club, and come home.

The "resident tech" uses alcohol as an example, as she tells the group that it is not about a moral judgment, simply a fact of life, of culture, that people drink alcohol - but they cannot.

Which allows us to further hope, that if our young person who is persuaded by Jeff's anguish to leave the painkillers alone discovers that even the joint he chooses instead is doing anything more to - or for - him than his great grandfather's evening glass of port, then he would do well to put down the joint, and steer clear of the port as well.

In that sense, I think the show has the potential to save lives. Probably not a lot of lives, but to somebody, that life is the most important one of all.

I think that knew guy is obnoxious. I can't believe how that one conselor can be so detached and not caring. Telling Jeff you're just throwing up you'll be fine..I know that she has went through this and all but dang..she is a no bs gal!

I don't like the new guy either. That story he told of crashing his car and trying to put his gf in the drivers seat so he wouldn't get arrested was horrible. He just shrugged it off like it was no big deal!

I think that knew guy is obnoxious. I can't believe how that one conselor can be so detached and not caring. Telling Jeff you're just throwing up you'll be fine..I know that she has went through this and all but dang..she is a no bs gal!
are you talking about the blonde resident tech? because i think quite the opposite of her. she deals with these people day in and day out. hell, she's been there. she knows how it is. and she knows that someone throwing up is bound to make the residents freak out a little bit and possibly overreact. remember last episode (i think) where drew says that a lot of the help from rehab comes from the other residents and their support, etc? that's what happened here. the blonde girl (crap, what's her name?) assessed the situation and figured out it wasn't a huge medical issue...and then got other residents involved in taking care.

and at the end, when baldwin (i'm horrible with names) was talking to jeff. how he said if you leave, you let those girls down? it's true. they were the ones with him when he was sick, therefore they WOULD be affected. everyone in rehab affects the other because you cannot go through it alone. and i think THAT is what the resident tech is al about...she's there, yes, but she's not going to be the one to save them. they save themselves, they help each other.

I don't like the new guy either. That story he told of crashing his car and trying to put his gf in the drivers seat so he wouldn't get arrested was horrible. He just shrugged it off like it was no big deal!
that story made me go, wtf. if i got in a wreck, that wouldn't even cross my mind...and when he said he thought she was dead, there was NO emotion there. it was scary...

i don't think he'll make it long. the detox will probably set him off. and i suspect some sort of eating issues with him, as well. but, eh.