Celebrity Ladies with Coach Daphne Satchel

I do think it is a beautiful bag. There is alot to like about it.

I never let people influence what I like or don't like. They just miss out on something that I really think is great!

Hey, I have a purse I bought for $19.99 years back and every time I carry it I get a dozen requests for "where can I get one like it"?

You don't need to spend $1000 or $8000 (like a Hermes bag...and I love Hermes) You just have to know how to carry a bag and make it work for you!!!!!!

Take it easy. =) Who cares if other people don't like Coach or think they are overpriced -- as long as we love our bags, enjoy using them, think they are worth our money.

I can only speak for myself, and I know others have their opinions, but it is bothersome that when we COACH lovers post any thread talking about bags we like, half the comments are along the lines of "I don't like COACH" or "That's not worth the price" etc. Thankfully this doesn't usually happen when we show off bags we have already bought, but I have seen it once or twice. Personally, If someone shows a bag of any brand that's not my style, I simply don't reply to the thread. I allow them to go on lovin it because I love gals who love purses and don't care to offer any negativity. It seems that most the threads started about COACH end up with a lot of replies that try steering the OP away from COACH. It's just not fun, and I would like to see people be more openminded or considerate. Yes the cost of COACH has gone up, but so has the size of some of the bags and the quality is still great.

I love the daphne satchel...maybe for mother's day I'll get it! I wish..LOL. All I own is Coach (so far) & I love every piece I get from them. I can't see buying a coinpurse at LV for I believe $265.00 where coach's mini skinny is $38.00. But, I did buy the lime coin purse for $98.00 haven't used it yet b/c it's so beautiful, I don't want to get it dirty.

ITA. I buy bags without name brands as well (as long as I like the style). Got a cute Cherry bag for less than $8, couldn't be happier. Receive lots of compliments every time I take her out for a ride. =)))

Kellybag said:
I do think it is a beautiful bag. There is alot to like about it.

I never let people influence what I like or don't like. They just miss out on something that I really think is great!

Hey, I have a purse I bought for $19.99 years back and every time I carry it I get a dozen requests for "where can I get one like it"?

You don't need to spend $1000 or $8000 (like a Hermes bag...and I love Hermes) You just have to know how to carry a bag and make it work for you!!!!!!

Kiari & all,

I know what you mean. Some (but not all) can be judgemental (maybe they are extremely passionate about the bags/brands they love), I try to pass/ignore those posts. We are the ones who will be carrying the bags afterall so we should be loving our bags. Sometimes we think it's nice that others feel the same way, but it's really ok if they don't.

P.S. The more I look at this bag, the more I like it.......

Kiari said:
I can only speak for myself, and I know others have their opinions, but it is bothersome that when we COACH lovers post any thread talking about bags we like, half the comments are along the lines of "I don't like COACH" or "That's not worth the price" etc. Thankfully this doesn't usually happen when we show off bags we have already bought, but I have seen it once or twice. Personally, If someone shows a bag of any brand that's not my style, I simply don't reply to the thread. I allow them to go on lovin it because I love gals who love purses and don't care to offer any negativity. It seems that most the threads started about COACH end up with a lot of replies that try steering the OP away from COACH. It's just not fun, and I would like to see people be more openminded or considerate. Yes the cost of COACH has gone up, but so has the size of some of the bags and the quality is still great.

Well, I am glad that there are a few people who don't abhore Coach on this board. I have been a big fan of it, and even work for them, so I definitely fall in the Coach lovers side of things. You know, it's weird to me that people say that stuff from Coach is too expensive for what it is, when people buy LV, which is a monogram coated canvas, and triple the price of a Coach mono canvas. Whatever, to each their own, but I think that Coach's Vintage leather line out now in the stores is completely gorgeous, and stands up well to other designer brands. I think that we as purse lovers should all just get along, and respect everyone's right to like what they like, accessory-wise.

I like this bag too, but not for the price. I'm not a Coach basher!! :biggrin: I like Coach too, but I don't see myself paying so much for one. I saw these bags in People a couple weeks ago, and it's refreshing to see celebrities carrying this bag around. Sick of seeing the same old bags!

For the record, I like this bag, but I wont be buying it or any bag over $400 from and designer or brand. It's just out of my logical price range. BUT, I think it is worth every penny to whomever can afford it :smile:

Kellybag said:

Can we see a picture of it? :amuse:
I'm always mentally collecting images of good designs, regardless of price.

I also get a little irked by some of the Coach bashing, but OTOH I understand that some very loyal Coach customers, myself included, feel like the prices are going up while the quality is going down. For me this doesn't change the fact that they still come out with styles I swoon for (like this Daphne satchel), so I'm going to keep loving them even if I sometimes feel a little cheated by them. I do wish the people who think of Coach as an "inexpensive" or "low-end" brand should maybe acquire some perspective before making harsh comments. It took me a long time before I could afford my first Coach bag, and I still need to scrimp to get only what I really want. I don't buy a new bag every month, more like once or twice a year. The bags aren't cheap, and it's frustrating to be told something you saved for is low-end. :sad:

It's such a gorgeous bag, and the spectator version that Jessica Alba is sporting is definitely one of the better looks for this bag. Thank goodness for eBay; it looks like they're going for about 50-65% less than retail there!