Celebrities whose beauty you find to be overrated/underrated.

J_L33

O.G.
Feb 28, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm tempted to say "everyone" on this thread, but I find most celebrities that people fawn over to be "nothing special". Granted, they're not unattractive by any measure, but the amount of awe they generate doesn't seem warranted.

Note: Please don't turn this thread into a philosophical debate such as "But J_L33, what is beauty?" or attack "Who the h*ll are you to say that *insert celeb* is unattractive?". This thread is for fun, and it's purely for opinions.

Please state which male/female celeb you find to be overrated and why. Let's articulate, folks.

Let me start:

OVERRATED
Male celeb: This is a tough one, but judging from this forum, I've never understood the appeal of Alexander Skarsgard. I haven't seen his acting, but purely from looks, he looks absolutely strange. Very weird facial features: no eyebrows, small squinty close set eyes that looks like he came out of a cave and is getting used to the sunshine.

Female celeb: The late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. I know. With all the Kardashians/reality stars, etc, I had to pick her. Let me explain: A lot of the overrated reality stars/actresses have a ton of haters, but this woman is glorified as some beauty/fashion goddess. She also had really weird facial features. Very gaunt and lifeless-looking. Also, her fashion sense was so boring. Very androgynous with a lot of mostly black with a splash of grey/camel/white. If you only had those colors, you would obviously always be able to match everything. Yawn...

UNDERRATED
Male celeb: Wentworth Miller. Damn, he's so handsome.

Female celeb: Margot Robbie. She's gorgeous! Such a pretty smile with such strong features. I hope we see her more and more.

Overrated:
-Male: Adam Levine. The fact is that he sings sexy songs and is the best looking of the Maroon 5 bunch. Doesn't hurt that he only dates high profile models/entertainers. Without that and the tattoos, he's pretty ordinary to me.
-Female: Emma Watson, Cate Blanchett. Emma used to look stunning to me but now she just doesn't possess that magical/dewy quality any longer. I always find Cate Blanchett a bit creepy-looking. Her eyes look like she's squinting all the time.

Underrated:
-Male: Henry Cavill - so manly and smoking hot in The Man from Uncle.
-Female: Rachel Hurd-wood - gorgeous redhead with that innocent/sophisticated vibe. She's the most beautiful in Perfume - the story of a murderer, as the daughter of Alan Rickman.

f7c044ed34987a94063d023bde10bc43.jpg

Last edited:
Overrated: the new Halle Berry. I mean before she made Monsters Ball. Underrated in terms of looks. Josh Harnett. Something about him.. he so handsome to me.

Interesting...
Overrated gents: George Clooney, Daniel Craig & Michael Fassbender (the latter is a great actor, though). Underrated: Colin Firth.
Overrated ladies: Jennifer Aniston - always found her average and do not regard her "girl-next-door-image" as appealing but rather boring; Scarlett Johansson, Sandra Bullock. Underrated: Anne Hathaway (beautiful despite her reputation), Tilda Swinton.

Reactions: MarieCurie
Overrated - Beyonce. She's very pretty but I just don't see her as a goddess.
Underrated - Tom Hardy. I know he's successful but hasn't reached the household name level. I find him very masculine and sexy.
John Hamm - I know he had huge success on Mad Men but movie stardom seems to be eluding him. I'm sad to see him spending most of his time on TV commercials.