Celebrities whose beauty you find to be overrated/underrated.

J_L33

O.G.
Feb 28, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm tempted to say "everyone" on this thread, but I find most celebrities that people fawn over to be "nothing special". Granted, they're not unattractive by any measure, but the amount of awe they generate doesn't seem warranted.

Note: Please don't turn this thread into a philosophical debate such as "But J_L33, what is beauty?" or attack "Who the h*ll are you to say that *insert celeb* is unattractive?". This thread is for fun, and it's purely for opinions.

Please state which male/female celeb you find to be overrated and why. Let's articulate, folks.

Let me start:

OVERRATED
Male celeb: This is a tough one, but judging from this forum, I've never understood the appeal of Alexander Skarsgard. I haven't seen his acting, but purely from looks, he looks absolutely strange. Very weird facial features: no eyebrows, small squinty close set eyes that looks like he came out of a cave and is getting used to the sunshine.

Female celeb: The late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. I know. With all the Kardashians/reality stars, etc, I had to pick her. Let me explain: A lot of the overrated reality stars/actresses have a ton of haters, but this woman is glorified as some beauty/fashion goddess. She also had really weird facial features. Very gaunt and lifeless-looking. Also, her fashion sense was so boring. Very androgynous with a lot of mostly black with a splash of grey/camel/white. If you only had those colors, you would obviously always be able to match everything. Yawn...

UNDERRATED
Male celeb: Wentworth Miller. Damn, he's so handsome.

Female celeb: Margot Robbie. She's gorgeous! Such a pretty smile with such strong features. I hope we see her more and more.

Apr 9, 2015
Overrated:
-Male: Adam Levine. The fact is that he sings sexy songs and is the best looking of the Maroon 5 bunch. Doesn't hurt that he only dates high profile models/entertainers. Without that and the tattoos, he's pretty ordinary to me.
-Female: Emma Watson, Cate Blanchett. Emma used to look stunning to me but now she just doesn't possess that magical/dewy quality any longer. I always find Cate Blanchett a bit creepy-looking. Her eyes look like she's squinting all the time.

Underrated:
-Male: Henry Cavill - so manly and smoking hot in The Man from Uncle.
-Female: Rachel Hurd-wood - gorgeous redhead with that innocent/sophisticated vibe. She's the most beautiful in Perfume - the story of a murderer, as the daughter of Alan Rickman.

Last edited:

TC1

O.G.
Apr 30, 2008
I don't think the OP meant to berate anyone?. Just the idea of what the general public has put on a pedestal and whether or not you agree...or think the spotlight has missed. Anyhow, if it is found to be belittling, I'm sure mods will delete the thread.

lovieluvslux

That bag is fine!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2010
Overrated: the new Halle Berry. I mean before she made Monsters Ball. Underrated in terms of looks. Josh Harnett. Something about him.. he so handsome to me.

Chagall

O.G.
Feb 20, 2010
Angelina Jolie. She is not in the least bit beautiful in my eyes. She looks just like her father, who is funny looking.

Reactions: Keji56

zen1965

Alright fellas...
Aug 28, 2012
Interesting...
Overrated gents: George Clooney, Daniel Craig & Michael Fassbender (the latter is a great actor, though). Underrated: Colin Firth.
Overrated ladies: Jennifer Aniston - always found her average and do not regard her "girl-next-door-image" as appealing but rather boring; Scarlett Johansson, Sandra Bullock. Underrated: Anne Hathaway (beautiful despite her reputation), Tilda Swinton.

Reactions: MarieCurie

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
Overrated - Beyonce. She's very pretty but I just don't see her as a goddess.
Underrated - Tom Hardy. I know he's successful but hasn't reached the household name level. I find him very masculine and sexy.
John Hamm - I know he had huge success on Mad Men but movie stardom seems to be eluding him. I'm sad to see him spending most of his time on TV commercials.

Aug 25, 2006
All of Hollywood are overrated. Off the top of my head, Clooney who looks quite ordinary and plays the same role over and over, Milla Cunis she's short and square shaped can't act worth a crap, Meryl Strep nothing appealing. She's only called a good actress because she's homely in Hollywood, all the celeb daughter "stupermodels."