Celebrities and Their Dior - CHAT

attachment.php

It's nice to see Nicole Kidman wearing Dior to red carpet events again. She used to wear Dior a lot before she became the face of Chanel No5.

eminere™;22042733 said:
Anyone recognise which season haute couture Charlize is wearing at the UK Prometheus premiere?

ooooh I feel like this is a Dior trivia question, I know it was from one of the recent seasons which was shown at the Paris Ave Montaigne boutique and Marion Cottilard had the same degrading effect....is it F/W 2012?

ooooh I feel like this is a Dior trivia question, I know it was from one of the recent seasons which was shown at the Paris Ave Montaigne boutique and Marion Cottilard had the same degrading effect....is it F/W 2012?
If that's the case then the dress must've been customised for Charlize, as it's not one of the show looks... :thinking:

eminere™;22044306 said:
If that's the case then the dress must've been customised for Charlize, as it's not one of the show looks... :thinking:

I think that it is customized. It looks like Charlize's stylist wanted her to go for a space-age modern look (perhaps to contrast her gothic sheer looks for the Snow White an the Huntsman premieres), and Dior made a dress for that. The only hint that the dress is Dior (and Haute Couture) is the beautiful attention to detail through the sequins and degrade effect.

By the way, I saw Snow White and the Huntsman over the weekend. The movie was not directed very well, nor was the story well-written. However, it was worth it to see Charlize in the character of the witch. She was terrifying in some scenes!

attachment.php

I'm surprised that the dress doesn't look too long on her, given that she's not very tall. It may be this particular style, though, with the gown opening up at the bottom.

By the way, I saw Snow White and the Huntsman over the weekend. The movie was not directed very well, nor was the story well-written. However, it was worth it to see Charlize in the character of the witch. She was terrifying in some scenes!

I didn't expect very much of the film, but I agree, Charlize was terrifyingly convincing as an evil beauty/immortal obsessed queen! I was somewhat confused by the Huntsman's accent (an attempt at Scottish/English/American although Chris Hemsworth is an Aussie), but apparently it was to show that he travelled a lot by giving, but my OH who's Scottish said it didn't sound even remotely Scottish, that it was an okay fake accent verging on being Irish.

I didn't expect very much of the film, but I agree, Charlize was terrifyingly convincing as an evil beauty/immortal obsessed queen! I was somewhat confused by the Huntsman's accent (an attempt at Scottish/English/American although Chris Hemsworth is an Aussie), but apparently it was to show that he travelled a lot by giving, but my OH who's Scottish said it didn't sound even remotely Scottish, that it was an okay fake accent verging on being Irish.

Yeah his accent was a bit weird, and inconsistent throughout the movie.

The movie was less effective in that I was hoping that Charlize Theron's character would win by the end. Of course it's not the way that the original Snow White is written, but since they changed so much in this story, they may as well change that.