Celebratory purchase for nursing school! Opinions on Pochette Metis!

rosiier

Life is Gucci!
Nov 3, 2015
I just found out today that I got into the nursing program! :nuts:
So, I want to celebrate by buying a new bag

I’m thinking of getting a pochette metis! I need honest opinions/criticisms on that bag!
Is it still having peeling issues? As someone who’s out the house the majority of the day, will it hold all the daily necessities easily? If you have the bag, would you say the strap is comfortable if the bag is overpacked? Does it get too heavy if stuffed?

For those who have the reverse mono, does lighter colored leather darken due to sun exposure?

Ideally I want a bag that I can also transition into night time but I’m not too sure if its considered a “dressy” bag.
I’m also considering the mini givenchy antigona as another option. If you have any experience with the antigona, I would love to hear it!

Hi .
I have the reverse monogram metis and I love this bag . It’s one of my most used bags. It’s great for everyday use and nice and light .
since I purchased this bag 3 years ago I have used my speedy b 25 a lot less.
mive had no issues with this canvas combination and it’s really care free and I have no issues with the straps .

I wouldn’t use it as night but I’m sure others do by removing the strap and hand holding it

I just found out today that I got into the nursing program! :nuts:
So, I want to celebrate by buying a new bag

I’m thinking of getting a pochette metis! I need honest opinions/criticisms on that bag!
Is it still having peeling issues? As someone who’s out the house the majority of the day, will it hold all the daily necessities easily? If you have the bag, would you say the strap is comfortable if the bag is overpacked? Does it get too heavy if stuffed?

For those who have the reverse mono, does lighter colored leather darken due to sun exposure?

Ideally I want a bag that I can also transition into night time but I’m not too sure if its considered a “dressy” bag.
I’m also considering the mini givenchy antigona as another option. If you have any experience with the antigona, I would love to hear it!
Congrats on getting into the nursing program! We neeeed you guys because all us nurses are TIRED right now LOL anyways I’d go in store and try it on if possible. Maybe watch some unboxing/reviews on YouTube if you can’t? I ended up selling mine years ago. It’s just too boxy in my opinion. The reverse mono is all canvas so no leather. Well minus the black parts of the bag like the top handle. That should be leather. Nothing should also change color since there’s no vachetta. The light brown monogram part you see on the bag is canvas. Idk…if you were my friend who asked me this question I’d tell you there’s plenty of other better options to pick from within LV and other brands as well. But that’s just my personal opinion you should get what you like at the end of the day ☺

Congrats!!!! I have 2 metis, black and reverse. It's my favorite bag hands down and I'm looking to purchase the mono as well. I haven't had any issues with mine and I feel like they are classics.

It holds the necessities and then some. I haven't found the strap to be uncomfortable when it's been overstuffed. The reverse has black leather so there hasn't been any color changes with it.

What are your daily necessities? Every person carries a different "essential" amount. The PM barely fits what I need, whereas it would be overkill for other people.

If the bag is overstuffed, the strap can dig in. I'd say it looks "ugly" when overstuffed vs. the bag being "heavy." Have you seen a filled Coussin PM yet? Overfilled PMs look just as ugly and awkward.

Any bag can be dressy, if you ask me. It just depends on what your outfit is, and how well the bag goes with it. PM can look dressy with a jewel toned chiffon maxi dress, especially if handheld. If you're thinking about going to a club or a casual bar with the PM, that might look a little odd.

Generally not a YSL fan, but I do think they make more and better "day to night" bags than LV. I second the YSL small puffer.

Reactions: gagabag and rosiier
What are your daily necessities? Every person carries a different "essential" amount. The PM barely fits what I need, whereas it would be overkill for other people.

If the bag is overstuffed, the strap can dig in. I'd say it looks "ugly" when overstuffed vs. the bag being "heavy." Have you seen a filled Coussin PM yet? Overfilled PMs look just as ugly and awkward.

Any bag can be dressy, if you ask me. It just depends on what your outfit is, and how well the bag goes with it. PM can look dressy with a jewel toned chiffon maxi dress, especially if handheld. If you're thinking about going to a club or a casual bar with the PM, that might look a little odd.

Generally not a YSL fan, but I do think they make more and better "day to night" bags than LV. I second the YSL small puffer.

Compact wallet, sunglasses, mini pochette accesories, keys, sunscreen, headphones

I think it’d be great as a “school” bag! Fits an ipad mini, too!
As for night bag, depends on what your nightlife is. It should be fine for casual dinner and pubs. Would look odd in cocktails or formal events. Congrats!

Reactions: rosiier
I think it’d be great as a “school” bag! Fits an ipad mini, too!
As for night bag, depends on what your nightlife is. It should be fine for casual dinner and pubs. Would look odd in cocktails or formal events. Congrats!
Thank you!

And after viewing my collection, I realized I do need a nice cocktail/date night bag that holds more than my ysl wallet on chain :facepalm:

Reactions: gagabag
I love my pochette metis – so much so I own two! :lol: I purchased the PM in empreinte noir first, loved it so much I finally got the PM in reverse mono too. I love that it's a hands-free bag that goes anywhere (I really like it for traveling in particular), and it fits my essentials, including a full-size wallet, easily without getting too heavy or weighing me down. And the strap is pretty comfy for all-day wear, even at theme parks

I luckily didn't have any defects or glazing issues with my PM in reverse mono, so I can't speak to the glazing or any other imperfections. And I have yet to notice any signs of wear, but I've only been using it regularly for about a month. My empreinte isn't showing any wear at all after nearly a year.

With all of those positives, however, I wouldn't use either of my PMs as a nighttime bag. It's just too casual IMO, even in the empreinte leather. I swap to my YSL Toy LouLou or small puffer for evenings or dressier affairs.

Reactions: rosiier