Celebrate: What We Didn't Buy

Great thread! I walked away from a gorgeous red Proenza Schouler wallet at TJ Maxx today.
:faint:

It was hard...it was ugly... went home and had ice cream!!
Oooo... well, that wouldn't work for me, I've lost 61 pounds this past year and it was from ... wait for it.... wait for it... walking away from the FOOD. Ice cream, in particular. Oh, but for a tablespoon of Ben and Jerry's Everything But The ... I am truly a glutton for punishment. I could almost DESERVE a new handbag. :biggrin:

I wonder if we'll be able to celebrate what we have walked away from when the weather turns to spring ... maybe that would be even more reason to keep walking... enjoy the warm sunshine and just window-shop...

Oh, that's a good question - if you are 'just looking' on the internet, is that still considered 'window shopping'? Has anyone come up with a new term?

In December, I did not buy a Ferragamo Sookie satchel.

I ordered, from Zappos.
Then, felt guilty.
Told myself I would return it.
Knew that if I opened the box, I would not be able to part with it.
Decided to keep it.
Changed mind, decided to return.
Decided to just LOOK at it, then return.
Decided - again - to keep it.

All this while tracking its whereabouts on UPS.com

Decided - AGAIN - to return without opening package.
Decided to tell doorman to refuse the delivery.
Could not bring myself to SAY this out loud,
Wrote a note asking doorman to refuse the delivery.
Signed note - just in case they needed signature!

Do not regret - have mostly forgotten about this bag.
Have NOT forgotten the experience of fighting with myself - how HARD it was to resist!
Of course, I have just reminded myself of how much I wanted this bag.

Must now:
--log off Purseblog--
--get offline - do NOT google FERRAGAMO SOOKIE--
--get out of the house (no Sookie within reach in this town, unless it is on the arm of another handbag addict)--

I ordered, from Zappos.
Then, felt guilty.
Decided to keep it.

Have NOT forgotten the experience of fighting with myself - how HARD it was to resist!

Must now:
--log off Purseblog--
--get offline--
--get out of the house--

Lol. This sounds far too familiar. :smile:

Must now:
--log off Purseblog--
--get out of the house (no Sookie within reach in this town, unless it is on the arm of another handbag addict)--
:lol:
... in a sad sort of way.

See my signature. ;)

Great thread! Yesterday I did not buy a Givenchy Medium Nightingale...have been fighting this one for a while. The desire to look at it again resurfaces every few weeks.

I also resisted purchasing a bunch of sale items in Jan...including walking away from several bags at Off Fifth...impulse sale purchases are my weakness, and I always regret them.

For some reason, I put much more thought into and have stronger impulse control over my online purchases. I think it is the research factor. I heavily research bags that I buy online. In the store, it feels like "now or never!" I have learned to limit outlet shopping for this reason. I am horrible at handbag outlet/factory stores.

I ordered, from Zappos.
Then, felt guilty.
Decided to keep it.

Must now:
--log off Purseblog--

Hahaha *hi5!* this made my day. I don't feel alone anymore! LOL

I quit bidding on a vintage Gucci on ebay at 250, I didn't bid on a vintage black longchamp on ebay. I am not sure yet that I should have not bought these two. I am terrible. I stayed away from Dillards extra 30% off sale items even after a coworker came back from lunch with a new Michael Kors tote. I have stayed off expensive sites that would tempt me.

I quit bidding on a vintage Gucci on ebay at 250, I didn't bid on a vintage black longchamp on ebay. I am not sure yet that I should have not bought these two. I am terrible. I stayed away from Dillards extra 30% off sale items even after a coworker came back from lunch with a new Michael Kors tote. I have stayed off expensive sites that would tempt me.
Hey, ML, LTNS! Thanks for stopping by - and celebrating what you didn't buy - you are celebrating, yes?

I didn't buy other Chanel bags that wouldn't the -one- for me. So I passed on the Valentines flap and some seasonal bags that were just "okay."

So I got the one classic flap and I am done.

Yesterday, I went out to look for a specific bag type I needed and almost got distracted by a leather longchamp satchel and leather tote from longchamp. Neither bag had all the requirements I needed ,but they were oh so pretty.