Cee Lo Green

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
Cee Lo Green made controversial comments about rape on Twitter, then temporarily deleted his account.

How brave.

Buzzfeed reported the former judge on "The Voice" wrote a series of tweets Sunday night comparing rape to a home invasion and implied women can only be rape victims if they are conscious.

"When someone brakes on a home there is broken glass," he wrote. "Where is your plausible proof anyone was raped?"

"Women who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!" he added.

"If someone is passed out they're not even WITH you consciously! so WITH implies consent."

This is where my extensive journalism training kicks in and I somehow refrain from saying Cee Lo Green is a complete moron.

Green seems a little bitter. On Friday, the singer pleaded no contest to slipping ecstasy to a woman in 2012, according to the New York Daily News. Green was accused of secretly giving the drug to a woman while they were out at dinner.

Apparently, he didn't have a lot of confidence in himself.

The woman alleged that Green spiked her drink and "next thing" she knew, she woke up naked in her hotel room with him.

The plea allowed the 39-year-old Green to maintain his innocence and avoid jail time. He was instead sentenced to three years of probation and 360 hours of community service for the felony drug conviction. Citing lack of evidence, prosecutors didn't pursue sexual assault charges.

He addressed his plea two days later by writing "so if I TRIED but did NOT succeed but the person said I DID then what really happened?"

Buzzfeed reported Green issued an apology of sorts before deleting his Twitter account.

"Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom! Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context," he said. "I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me as it."

" ... was your support that got me thru this to begin with," Green concluded. "I'd never condone the harm of any women. Thank you."

No. He would just slip them drugs without their consent ... allegedly.

Green has since reactivated his Twitter account, but hasn't commented on the topic again. Green's rep didn't immediately respond to the Daily News' request for comment.

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertai...green-makes-controversial-comments-about-rape

Public criticism is mounting against rapper-actor CeeLo Green, a former judge on NBC’s “The Voice” who was the center of a recent TBS reality series, after controversial statements he made via Twitter during the weekend regarding the nature of rape.

The tweets, now deleted from the account, asserted that women can only be raped if they are conscious, and compared rape to a home invasion. Green faced allegations of sexual assault in 2012, and on Aug. 29 pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to a drug charge.

The outrage stirred by the comments sparked calls for TBS to cancel the reality show “CeeLo Green’s The Good Life.” However, a source said the show was already axed after it completed its first season run earlier this year.

Green had previously been accused of furnishing the drug ecstasy to a woman who alleged that he sexually assaulted her in 2012. The woman told investigators that she woke up naked in bed next to Green, though prosecutors did not pursue a rape charge on the grounds of insufficient evidence. On Aug. 29, Green pleaded no contest to one felony count of furnishing ecstasy to the woman. He was sentenced to serve probation and community service, according to the Associated Press.

Green’s lawyer maintained that relations were consensual, and also filed a special plea that prevents the no-contest plea from being used against Green in civil court, or in criminal court if he faces another drug offense.

On Tuesday, as word of the weekend Twitter comments spread, despite having been deleted from his official account, the women’s rights online org UltraViolet circulated a petition to pressure TBS to cancel “The Good Life.”

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/ceelo-green-twitter-rape-tbs-show-canceled-1201296128/

I was very disappointed to read this story... what a creep.

And what's with people deactivating and then re-activating their twitter accounts... make up your mind, you're either on or you're off.

Why in the hell would he make these comments on twitter? It's sad enough if he believes that sh*t, but then to post it on twitter? He is a moron on multiple levels.

His post on his facebook page over it was really bad. Even his fans were slamming him for it:

I truly and deeply apologize for the comments attributed to me on Twitter. Those comments were idiotic, untrue and not what I believe.

Attributed to you? Duuuuuude.