CEDAR shoe trees that fit CL 120s!!!!

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Most of the guys I know who own nice dress shoes from John Lobb, Gucci, Ferragamo, etc. have these lovely cedar shoe trees that they put in their shoes when not wearing them. Similarly, I've always kept all of the tissue stuffing & plastic "stems" that came with my CLs and other designer shoes, and I reinsert all the stuffing when I'm not wearing the shoes to help maintain their shape.

I've always known that cedar shoe trees can help maintain the original shoe shape, help prevent creases and cracking, and absorb moisture from the lining of the shoes; however, I had resigned myself to using the tissue stuffing instead, since shoe trees were never the right shape for high heels, even the womens' versions.

However, I've FINALLY located a company that makes solid cedar shoe trees for heels! It's called the ROCHESTER SHOE TREE COMPANY; this particular style is actually on sale too! It's called the "Women's Jean Shoe Tree." When I first found their website, I sent them an email asking whether these trees would fit into heels, and they said they'd send me a sample so I could try it out! That's the kind of customer service I wish every store would have - and it works too! Hehe . . . I just ordered 30 of them . . . gotta keep all my CLs in good shape!

The only style I wouldn't recommend using them for is slingbacks, just due to concerns about stretching the elastic, especially on the NPs given all the issues people have had with the cover of the elastic tearing . . . :Push:

Anyway, photos below! I included some pix showing the tree in my clichys, which i think has the steepest pitch of all my CLs, as well as in my YSL Tribute sandals, to show how it works with a strappy open style.

Here's the pic of the sample tree that they shipped to me:

the key to what makes it work for heels, is that there's a hinge in the toe part, which lets you adjust the angle of the connecting bar however you want:

sample clichy photos:

sample YSL tribute photos (note it even has a little notch in the back for the strap to go into! love it!):

Attachments

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
Great info, LVpiggy! BTW- If you are looking for a shoe tree for slingbacks, I have been using these foam shoe trees that my cobbler sells. They aren't cedar but they hold the shape of the toes very nicely. Here's a pic:

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
I agree!! I love how you can match the color to your shoes.. even if it's not exact, it's the same family! I have just been getting red ones because my cobbler only has red, silver, and navy and I just have to do red because of the red soles! :P

JetSetGo!

Never not trying
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
valley girl x city girl
Shirli hooked me up! I have the ones from HSN in all of my CLs now!

Check out her closet for the full range...

Note that shipping costs are pretty high and they ship each 2 pairs of inserts individually.
I got about 25 boxes from the UPS man one day. It was obscene. :rolleyes:

HSN needs to get on the environmental ball.

Last edited:

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
I just ordered a bunch of new ones from my cobbler but I think I might ask him to cancel them now, these are so much more inexpensive!!

sdesaye

Mar 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Shirli hooked me up! I have the ones from HSN in all of my CLs now!

Note that shipping costs are pretty high and they ship each pair of inserts individually.
I got about 25 boxes from the UPS man one day. It was obscene. :rolleyes:

HSN needs to get on the environmental ball.
I forgot to mention that. They're drop-shipped from the manufacturer that doesn't have the capability to combine, which is also why the shipping is high.

I bought most of mine when HSN had those online games and won several free shipping coupons which surprisingly worked on these. They're definately worth the money - excellent quality.