Ceaning Denim Transfer OFF Cotton Carly???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone,
    I have read through severl threads about cleaning denim transfer off a leather bag or getting denim transfer from a Coach denim bag but I didn't find anything to help me so here is my problem....

I have a new Signature Cotton Carly, which is chocolate and off-white. I have only used it a couple times and today I noticed some denim transfer from my jeans onto the off-white sections. Is there a way to clean this AND is there a way to protect it from happening again (other than not wearing jeans....lol) ?

Thanks!

2. Some people like to try a clean eraser. If that doesn't work maybe some diluted oxyclean since it is cotton. I know it takes out ink.

3. Thanks!
    I had read that people use the white eraser for leather but I wasn't sure about the cotton. It's worth a try.

I was also hoping there was something I could spray it with to form a 'protective' layer so it wouldn't happen again...does this exist for cotton?

(sorry for the typos in my original post....in a hurry I guess)

Thanks for all your help!!!

4. I was told by the SAs in the Coach Boutique to use unscented baby wipes to clean the cotton signature fabric. I would try this on a small area first to see what the effect is.

5. I have the jade cotton and my jeans transferred. My manager used soap and a damp paper towel and cleaned it off of mine. It will look yellow when it's wet, but will dry and look good as new.

6. I have the large Cotton Chocolate Carly and have had to continuously clean it! Here is what I have found:

Dark denim is the worst culprit and cannot be taken off completely...so I just stopped wearing my skirt and jeans that are dyed dark
    Unscented baby wipes work the best
    Shout wipes spread the dirt/dye around and actually make it worse
    Try not to touch the top inside, by the zipper, every time you open the bag as it gets dirty quickly

I bought a portable package of unscented baby wipes to keep in my car so I can wipe it down periodically.
    With all that being said, I love the look of my bag, but probably wouldn't buy it again because of the dirt issue.

7. I have used unscented baby wipes in conjunction with a Mr Clean Eraser with great luck on signature jacquard. You have several good ideas above to work with. Keep the Mr Clean Eraser sponge in mind if they don't work.

8. i wore my cotton sig satchel today and Gasp noticed in the grocery store that my jeans were rubbing off onto it!

First thing I thought was "i gotta check tpf!" LOL you gals saved me, and I am off to clean it up :smile: